Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coarse Fishing in Nth Galway/Sth Mayo

Options
  • 06-07-2008 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭

Just moved to Headford, Co. Galway and was wondering if theres any decent coarse fishing locations in the area.

I think most locals here are more into the Game fishing, especially with Lough Corrib so close by.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

The really outstanding fishing in the area is game fishing.
    But if you don't want to try that look into fishing the lakes near Tuam, in the Moycullen area, and near Castlebar.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Thanks coolwings, I tried finding the lake between Tuam and Kilmaine but without luck.

Will have another go at weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭adonis

is tulsk near you?
    i think there are some good lakes there
    as there are in castlebar and near pontoon bridge..cant think of the name of them though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭BlueBandit

Put a bit of time into Corrib and youll get the rewards. Massive shoals of bream and hybrids around Cor Na Mona, and no end of roach, perch and hybrids anywhere in the lake

• Registered Users Posts: 28 dannyhandy

the lakes in moycullen are over fished and very little coming out the lake by tuam is hard to find and a long walk from where you park, i found a lake heading out towards spiddle and theres loads of small trout and nice size hybrids in there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

I found the lake near Tuam and definitely not easy to get to. The Western Fisheries Board says it's signed from the road but I didnt see any notices at all and youre right about the long walk danny.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Tuam:
    No signs ....
    Long way from the road ....
    Hard to get to .....
    Nobody fishing it .....

Sounds worthwhile !

Moycullen ..... try getting there really early (5am)and see if anything happens.

Advertisement