Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clubs that play on Saturdays?

• 06-07-2008 6:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all, i'm looking to get back into playing rugby. I played schools rugby from the age of 6 all the way through until I finished school. I then played for clubs for about 3 - 4 years after that, But I had to give up 2 seasons ago when I went back to college cos I was working part time all weekend.

I'm just wondering if anybody could recommend a club that plays their matches on saturdays as i'm still in college and work sundays but have saturdays free? I'm 24 and play scrum half, in reasonable shape so would like to get back into it while I can :P

Thanks all!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭kermitdfrog

Where abouts are you based?

I play for CYM, a junior club in Terenure village - our 2nds play in the J4 league on Saturdays, and some of our firsts games (Leinster League 3) are Saturdays as well. Training is Tuesday and Thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 441 ✭✭De Deraco

stillorgan rfc also play on saturday in the j4 legue, based in bird avenue in dundrum.

website is below
    www.dublinrugby.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

Every Team in Leinster who have a J4 team plays on a saturday.

J3 games play on a Sunday
    J4 games play on a Saturday

Difference in skill level - None.

So Find the local team that you are close to you and just say your available for Saturday games only.

P.S Good luck getting back playing !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

The only real difference you'll find in senior rugby in the fitness and commitment levels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

Depending on your level - AIL games on a Sat, J2 play on Sat and J4s play on Saturdays. J1 and J3 play on Sunday this has alot to do with players subbing doubling up for the other teams.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Thanks for the replies lads. I'm based in south Dublin so i think i will get in touch with CYM and Stillorgan. Bird Avenue was my school's home grounds, so i played there for 12 years....would be strange playing there again!

BrynW wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies lads. I'm based in south Dublin so i think i will get in touch with CYM and Stillorgan. Bird Avenue was my school's home grounds, so i played there for 12 years....would be strange playing there again!

BryW, drop me a mail at cymrugby@gmail.com if you want more info about the club and the coming season. Equally, I'm sure LuckyCharm (if he is who I think he is ;) ) would be happy to fill you in on Stillorgan RFC.

BryW, drop me a mail at cymrugby@gmail.com if you want more info about the club and the coming season. Equally, I'm sure LuckyCharm (if he is who I think he is ;) ) would be happy to fill you in on Stillorgan RFC.

Yes kermit I presume you are who I think you are too - how is weights trainging going :D PM if you want details on Stillorgan check out the website www.dublinrugby.com

Luckycharm wrote: »
    Yes kermit I presume you are who I think you are too - how is weights trainging going :D PM if you want details on Stillorgan check out the website www.dublinrugby.com

I could be one of a few though! It's LL. And sorely is the answer...

I could be one of a few though! It's LL. And sorely is the answer...

Well Duff was reffing last night and there is a lad that plays tag who is on the UCD AIL team - asked him when they start preseason and he said start of August!

• Advertisement
Advertisement