Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need to rant!

Options
  • 06-07-2008 6:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭

I am so angry! I was walking my little shih-tzu in a public field near my house today. 2 men, seemingly a middle-aged father and his 20-something son, were there, walking an extremely boisterous black dog, about twice the size of my shih-tzu. As soon as it saw my shih-tzu, it ran to her, barking like crazy. My shih-tzu was terrified and ran but the black dog caught her and bit her viciously, she struggled and ran some more, with the black dog still sinking it's teeth into her. The men looked on disinterestedly as I ran over and fought their horrible dog, trying to get it off. It put up a fight, my dog was screaming with terror and pain. The men did NOTHING! After battling for a minute or two I managed to get it off my dog and I screamed at the men, "Can you keep your dog under control please!" The young one just said, " he's never done anything like that before." I had to carry my dog away to stop their dog from getting her again. The whole time the men did NOTHING! If my dog had behaved in such a manner I would have been mortified! I would have pulled her away and apologised profusely, but these men didn't care at all! I wanted to report them to the dog warden but I have never seen them before and don't know who they are. Some dog owners are so bloody irresponsible! Luckily my dog is not seriously hurt. If that dog comes near mine again, I will kick it's head in!

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

If that dog comes near mine again, I will kick it's head in!
    Good call on that one.
    Ridiculous behavious out of those guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭golden

Unfortunately its the owners fault for not having the dog under control you could report it to the Guards. It must of been awful for seeing your poor dog being attacked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭BlackCat2008

Report it anyway and hopefully It will be reported by someone who those know them.All the better for them to build a case on and remove the dog from them.My dog was attacked by a rottie I use to walk to and from school with every day my friends grand father tuck it out when it was in heat and tuck his time getting to me as well. She was left with a gabbing hole from being flung onto a bush that had just been cut down as the rottie didn't let go of her neck for nearly 10mins and he still didn't see any hurry to get it of her. Some people just don't want to see a problem??? And do as they please.

Report it any way.

With lots of hugs and reassurances your little one will be just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

A similar thing happened me a few months ago. I had just had my cocker groomed and she was jumped on by a huge dog while we were out walking, it was actually the second time this dog tried to attack mine. The owners just half heartedly called his name while I was desperately trying to get my dog free. Didn't occur to me in the panic that I could be in danger if I put my hands in to seperate them. Luckily, neither of us were hurt, I shouted at the owners that the dog was a menace and needed to be locked up. Since then, I have never seen this dog out loose. Thankfully, the only casulty was my poor babies new wash and cut! I had to take her home and wash that beasts saliva off her!

I would agree with previous posters, report the incident to the guards, it may come to nothing, but at least you know you have done your best, Thank God your baby is no worse for the experiance.

Advertisement