Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cairde Festival Today (Sunday)

Options
  • 06-07-2008 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭

Did anyone make it to this? It was a really nice event and fair play to the organisers, the park looked great and the entertainment was cool!

Its great to get a family day which isn't a total commercial rip-off now and then. :)

I didn't see any Boardsies I knew, I thought I might meet a few of you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I wanted to go but we didn't know where the Peace Park was :P (And something came up anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

I have been working all weekend. Hope it want great and was a fun day out for all. Is it just organized once a year?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Xiney wrote: »
    I wanted to go but we didn't know where the Peace Park was :P (And something came up anyway)

LOL

You know the Four Lanterns (Oh yes you dooooo!)? Well turn left just after there, up the hill, and its at the top, go through a small doorway in an old stone wall on the right hand side and its in there.

You'd love it actually, its a little oasis in the middle of town. Nice with a book and lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

Is it the park on the Cathedral grounds?

DenMan wrote: »
    Is it the park on the Cathedral grounds?

Yes, thats the one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭blackiebest

Sueme, thanks for coming, it really was great, and the effort was enormous, the crowd was great for the fist time and hopefully next year all you boardsies will show up. Events like this need and deserve the support of the people of Sligo. Thanks again and how do I know who you are???

I don't think we know each other, who knows!

The guy on the stilts was brilliant, the little chariot he had with his little "slaves" was great, he smacked my Mum with his whip. :eek::D

Well done to all involved, looking forward to next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I was there but I think we were there too early. The park did look great, I'm just going through the photos.

magnumlady wrote: »
    I was there but I think we were there too early. The park did look great, I'm just going through the photos.

Sorry I missed you Val, I kept an eye out for you. Looking forward to seeing your Flickr.

Mine are on flickr, rubbish tho cos we were too early.
    I saw someone elses pics though and it looks cool.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/vivido/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Iompair

If anybody has photos of the Youth Theatre kids (The 4 stiltwalkers and the fairy/imps) could you pm me. I forgot to bring a camera today and I'd like to have some photos for them next week.

Hey Girl, thanks for taking such lovely shots, especially of my daughter, she was the birthday girl! Really was a great day and yes it will now be an annual and for next year we will hopefully get twice the amount of good people in there! This Friday there is an unmissable gig upstairs in the Tobergal lane cafe, a nomadic brilliant group from Morocco so please please support. This is a great festival for Sligo and it needs your support. Thanks All

Hey Girl, thanks for taking such lovely shots, especially of my daughter, she was the birthday girl! Really was a great day and yes it will now be an annual and for next year we will hopefully get twice the amount of good people in there! This Friday there is an unmissable gig upstairs in the Tobergal lane cafe, a nomadic brilliant group from Morocco so please please support. This is a great festival for Sligo and it needs your support. Thanks All

We spotted you girl there, she is lovely :). What a cool birthday! Mine is still sporting her face paint this morning, so are the pillows, the sofa, clothes... its fairly grim!

The girl who was doing the face-painting deserves a big thanks, I'd say she has a pretty sore back today. Maybe next year it would be an idea to arrange some sort of cover for her, I felt sorry for her with the long queue when we were leaving as she had already being working for hours at it.

I really wanted a go at the pottery wheel, but the pesky kids had all taken over!

Glad you enjoyed it Sueme, and ditto regarding the facepaint and everything in the house covered in it:P But all worth it and although I feel like I was rolled down a mountain in a barrel, I look forward to doing it bigger and better next year

They weren't my photo's, I was there too early and then got dragged to the cinema:rolleyes:.
    I just spotted those pics on flickr, your daughter is so cute.

Advertisement