Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parenting Forum

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Well obviously he was gonna say that if he was given the option.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

peasant wrote: »
    How do you parent your children if you can't even keep a cool head on t'internet ?

The day will come when the one questioning your parenting abilities in a sarcastic/insulting/trolling manner will be your own child :D
    Precisely, thanks Peasant....

Self restraint is important... keeping a cool head in the face of irritation is difficult but a necessary skill.

How many of you tell your kids just to "walk away" from a bully, and yet here when it would be as easy as [X] to do just that, you argue till blue in the face and fight like cats and dogs. Not one of you has been particularly reasonable or without blame imho.

These threads have very little time to live. I've already said to Thead about getting new mods if the others arent around which is the only good thing to have come out of this thread.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Dudess wrote: »
    Well obviously he was gonna say that if he was given the opintion.

That's what people do when they're unsure..

others jump to conclusion's...

Dev has a bit more experience tho

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

DeVore wrote: »
    Thats exactly the sort of post we dont need NTL.... I hope you were being ironic.

DeV.

Most of his replys to me at this stage are insulting. So I will just keep reporting in the hope that 1 day he will cease.

ntlbell, it's laughable the way you just keep acting all innocent when everyone knows what you're playing at.

• Advertisement

It's laughable the way you just keep acting all innocent when everyone knows what you're playing at.

I admit to the odd troll, I admit I'm sarcastic and smart-arsed.

When does the acting come into it exactly?

What am I trying to be innocent from?

Like do you think I'm afraid of something? so I pretend to not be bold?

lost...

Pretending you don't know what people are talking about, that they're out to get you etc.

Pretending you don't know what people are talking about, that they're out to get you etc.

lol

I really don't know what you're talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

peasant wrote: »
    How do you parent your children if you can't even keep a cool head on t'internet ?

The day will come when the one questioning your parenting abilities in a sarcastic/insulting/trolling manner will be your own child :D

As a side note (or possibly de-railment depending on who you are) my daughter heard me tell my sister I was banned from Parenting. My sister was laughing and my daughter said "Are you not allowed be my Mum anymore?" :eek::o

Internet - serious business.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

:)

DeV.

• Advertisement

ntlbell wrote: »
    lol

I really don't know what you're talking about.
    Indeed.

sueme wrote: »
    As a side note (or possibly de-railment depending on who you are) my daughter heard me tell my sister I was banned from Parenting. My sister was laughing and my daughter said "Are you not allowed be my Mum anymore?" :eek::o

Internet - serious business.

Ahh Bless...

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

These threads have very little time to live. I've already said to Thead about getting new mods if the others arent around which is the only good thing to have come out of this thread.

DeV.

Well that was the reason I started this thread so mission accomplished as far as I am concerned.

Let it die...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

DeV.

I concur and it is something that I feel will have to be looked at and considered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

your child got some sun burn, two days later and many pages later you're still crapping on about it.

Give yourself a rest please

If one of my children got burned like this I'd be hoping mad too, and furthermore I believe a lot of parents would seek legal advice re. the matter too.

She sent her child on an organised childrens summer camp, and through the neglect of the child's minder's the child suffered sunburn. She 'Sueme' posted a little rant, and by post #5 the thread had turned to sh*t.

Theads banning was unfair in Sueme's case (IMO), but thats how Thead chooses to to moderate her forums. If people don't like her Mod'ing style or attitude don't use her forum's.

But she's only one Mod on the parenting forum, the other Mods should either step up to the plate and give her a dig out or move over and let fresh blood in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

Mairt wrote: »
    If one of my children got burned like this I'd be hoping mad too, and furthermore I believe a lot of parents would seek legal advice re. the matter too.

She sent her child on an organised childrens summer camp, and through the neglect of the child's minder's the child suffered sunburn. She 'Sueme' posted a little rant, and by post #5 the thread had turned to sh*t.

Theads banning was unfair in Sueme's case (IMO), but thats how Thead chooses to to moderate her forums. If people don't like her Mod'ing style or attitude don't use her forum's.

But she's only one Mod on the parenting forum, the other Mods should either step up to the plate and give her a dig out or move over and let fresh blood in.

Legal advice? Are there terms and conditions for these summer camps. Frankly, posting a little rant on the internet may not be wholly appropriate as we don't know any details apart from what the poster says.

I would be mad too, but not at someone on the summer camp.

I would be mad at myself.

A lot of parent's would probably seek legal advice I've heard there's some moron's out there.

Heinrich wrote: »
    Legal advice? Are there terms and conditions for these summer camps. Frankly, posting a little rant on the internet may not be wholly appropriate as we don't know any details apart from what the poster says.

We don't need to many details. If the child had come home with a broken leg, or 10 stitches to a cut you'd be damned sure people would sue. But unlike those two scenarios any damage caused to the child won't be known for many year's down the road.

People these days are much more aware of the danger's of exposure to the sun's harmful rays. The child can not be held responsible for his/her lack of actions in not applying sunscreen, but the minders on the summer camp can.

I've been involved in running neighbourhood summer camps for children, and one of the conditions is that the organisers organise public liabilty insurance.

But this is getting away from this thread topic.

I read the parenting forum occasionally, but I don't like how its moderated so I don't post there. Recent events there only re-enforce my opinion on how its moderated.

On the flip side of things, I don't envy any Moderators job on boards.ie. It has to be a lot of hard work for little return.

I
    A lot of parent's would probably seek legal advice I've heard there's some moron's out there.

You see, this is the attitude which gets people banned. I won't lower myself to respond in kind.

Btw, the thread is about the parenting forum.

You see, this is the attitude which gets people banned. I won't lower myself to respond in kind.

Btw, the thread is about the parenting forum.

It's not some "attitude" it's simple, if one is stupid enough to seek legal advice because one's child got a bit of sun burn then there is no other word for it than moronic.

Why didn't the OP apply an all day cream? if it's so important to her, why didn't she even know one existed?

As was stated in the original thread there are also tablets that protect from UV rays etc that last all day.

Why wasn't the child provided with any of this?

There are actions the OP could of taken to make sure the child didn't get sunburned she didn't take ANY of them, she won't take ANY accountability for what happened..

This is not me having a bad attitude, this is the reality of the situation it's not my OPINION these are the FACTS.

• Advertisement

If this is the kinda of ****e parents do be talking and arguing about,I think I might start using condoms.Hate to end up like ye.

In fairness though,maybe you can help the young boardies play safely by reminding what having children turns them into.

I'm not going to reply to everything you've just wrote, because first its a separate topic and second the topic of the thread your referring to wasn't calling into question 'Suemes parenting skills or lack of them.

People in that thread took a holier than thou attitude and spoke through ignorance about P20 'All day' lotion. I've used it in the past, and familiarised myself with the instructions on the label...

Its not an 'apply and forget' lotion, although its applied in the morning and 90 minutes before exposure to the sun the manufactures instructions is that its reapplied frequently.

About the pills, I never heard of them either - it doesn't make me a bad parent.

But the fact remains, not matter what when you take a child into your care your responsible for its wellbeing. That cover's sunburn too!.

For many year's I coached childrens (and adults) kickboxing. Once a year we'd take the kids on adventure days, no matter how small the injury to the child each and every minder knew that our responsbilities to the child and the childs parents.

Now really this isn't a discussion I want here as its not this threads topic and I won't fall victim to the same tactics to which seen 'Sueme' get banned.

I'll give you the last word, but unless its on the topic of this thread I won't be replying to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

If this is the kinda of ****e parents do be talking and arguing about,I think I might start using condoms.Hate to end up like ye.

In fairness though,maybe you can help the young boardies play safely by reminding what having children turns them into.
    Durex-Theonlywaytobesafe.jpg

TrollCat.jpg&usg=AFQjCNGaYzDOWmAfHVspJBytNE1T0wPpUg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Legal action?

FFS... Get a grip.

Legal action?

FFS... Get a grip.
    post reported

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Quality, you really don't get this post reported part at all do you? This is getting ridiculous.

The vast majority of the time when I see reported posts, there's usually a good reason. Then action is taken if deemed against the charter or just plain muppetry. The rest of the time reports are along the lines of "well he/she doesn't agree with me so I'm reporting this, hurrumph". The latter is just plain silly.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs, it's not because they disagree with her. These are all little snipes granted, but they make up a bigger picture.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

An easier thing to do would be to just let it go. It makes people look daft if they're hitting the report button every few posts. It also gives the sniping more weight.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

Wibbs, it's not because they disagree with her. These are all little snipes granted, but they make up a bigger picture.

Where's my tinfoil hat...

The report a post system is not designed to "create pictures"

reporting 20 post's in the same thread with similar content is absolute nonsense and just causing extra work for an all ready over worked under paid work force here at boards.ie

You of all people should know better.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement