Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golden Number opinions

Options
  • 06-07-2008 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭

I would like to get a general consensuses of how much people would be prepared to pay for an ideal number ?

What are peoples thoughts on this ?
    How much is your number worth ?

Have you ever received a call asking to sell your number ?

Stephen

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,445 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

what kinda numbers have you got for sale?
    what do you mean golden?

also, in your ad it states that you sold them in the past, how did you come to get them again?
    thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I'm not asking for opinions on my numbers :) , in general whats your views on golden numbers and how much do you think its worth , just pick a phone number you would really like to have. How much would you pay for it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

20 -5 0 eur is the most i'd pay for a phone number. and then it would have to be something like 085-500000

but then I don't value that sort of thing as much as other people do. Like for a while goatse dot cx was for sale for 10,000 eur, the most I'd ever pay for it would be around 200. and thats only because of the traffic.

traffic is not something you want when buying a phone number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

There is a seller on Irish eBay selling a whole lot of gold, silver and bronze numbers. You can get a number like 2244000 for around 20-30 euro, and better numbers like 1000007 for around 200 euros.. So that is the price frame of reference I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

It's worth as much as the person is willing to pay.

Personally i wouldn't jump to pay anything for a phone number unless i really felt it would help some home run business or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i got a golden number through o2's "name your number".

of course it does have the 086 72 part but what follows after that is easy.

so i wouldn't really pay more than 20 euro tbh

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

The resale of these numbers is frowned upon by O2 and is forbidden on Adverts.ie .(see Profiteering) .

I have had a bad experience recently where I purchased a Ready to go phone here , the seller gave me a SIM card in it and I duly put credit on it from time to time and used it as a business phone . Then last week the seller decided that he would like to sell it . As it was a number with a lot of duplicate numbers in it he decided that he would get €400 for it .

I have spoken with a manager in O2 about this situation and she informed me that they did not condone the selling of their numbers for profit , she also mtold me that they could and would disconnect any numbers if it could be proven that they were being sold for profit .

So OP where did you get these numbers , how many have you got and how much profit are you planning on making ?

Profiteering
    Profiteering, in all its forms is prohibited on adverts.ie. This does not apply only to tickets, but to all goods/services sold on adverts.ie. Profiteering is defined as: To make excessive profits on goods in demand or where attempt to profit is suspected or apparent., such as the reselling of highly sought items (e.g. game consoles being sold in the run-up to Christmas above face value plus any reasonable postage or delivery charges).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

sharkman: I don't quite follow.. You mean that you were not allowed to register that sim card in your own name, hence it was still property of that other person? He just "gave" you a free sim registered in his name without telling you about this state of the sim?

flodis79 wrote: »
    sharkman: I don't quite follow.. You mean that you were not allowed to register that sim card in your own name, hence it was still property of that other person? He just "gave" you a free sim registered in his name without telling you about this state of the sim?
    Yes , he had registered it in his GF's name .I presume it was to avail of free credit .

The resale of these numbers is frowned upon by O2 and is forbidden on Adverts.ie .(see Profiteering) .

For a starter I would like to politely remind you that this isn't adverts.ie and users of this forum while I'm moderator can openly talk and discuss golden numbers , as long as they don't try and sell them on this forum.
    I have had a bad experience recently where I purchased a Ready to go phone here , the seller gave me a SIM card in it and I duly put credit on it from time to time and used it as a business phone . Then last week the seller decided that he would like to sell it . As it was a number with a lot of duplicate numbers in it he decided that he would get €400 for it .

I'm sorry about your experience on this situation , people buy and sell numbers all the time.

So OP where did you get these numbers , how many have you got and how much profit are you planning on making ?

Is any of these questions really any of your business ?

Now the next time you want to attack me or even question me do so , via a Pm and dont bring your references adverts.ie to this forum again! You asked to to take down my add I did , end of.

• Advertisement

sharkman wrote: »
    Yes , he had registered it in his GF's name .I presume it was to avail of free credit .

In this case all you need to do is contact customer care and explain the situation , they can track and check the usage of the phone to indicate that you are in-fact the owner of the sim card.

I did contact CC and while they could confirm the numbers I had called ,they could not transfer ownership to me as It was registered in someone else's name .

sharkman wrote: »
    I did contact CC and while they could confirm the numbers I had called ,they could not transfer ownership to me as It was registered in someone else's name .

PM me your details i will look into it.

Sharkman - Someone gave you a SIM, you assumed they had only registered it to get credit, you then started to use the number and you're upset because the network won't transfer it into your name?

DundalkStephen - do you work for O2?

I never understood the thing where they would confirm recently dialled numbers. If I stole a phone I could ring a couple of numbers and then ring up and "prove" I was using it. Even if I had it for 2 years it still wouldn't mean it was my number.

random wrote: »
    Sharkman - Someone gave you a SIM, you assumed they had only registered it to get credit, you then started to use the number and you're upset because the network won't transfer it into your name?

I was upset because I called him and let him know that he had left it in the phone and he said it didn't matter and that I could have it. Now six months later after I had business cards made up and given the number to customers the number is cancelled , leaving me down both customers and cash !

Anyhow , my tale of woe is not the purpose of this thread and is now done and dusted . I'm down a couple of bob but much the wiser .

You told him he'd left this golden number in the phone and he said it didn't matter?
    Did it occur to you at the time it might be registered to him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

@sharkman
    Have a good number if you are interested. Would suit your biz ;)
    Sent u sms with details

<EDIT>Free of course :)</EDIT>

• Registered Users Posts: 1 imtiaz4444

hi i want to buy easy sim card number kindly help me in this matter thankls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

imtiaz4444 wrote: »

Not on here you won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 dodod

You can get them on eBay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

imtiaz4444 wrote: »

You should really start a new thread. This one is over 6yrs old and the info in it is way out of date.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement