Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CZ 527 LUX .223

Options
  • 06-07-2008 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭

Evening all looking for some infromation on the above, have read all the info from there site. But was looking for first hand information from any one who has one. Im going to be cheeky as well and ask what have people have paid form them :D. So any one who has got one could you give the low down on them , grouping , what kind of ammo yours like, how do you fine the saftey, how does the magzine hold up any problems with it. Am thinking about investing in one over the next few months. So any info would be vital. Thanks in advance RH 77

http://www.czub.cz/index.php?p=32&idp=3&ids=9&idz=30&lang=en

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Ducksanctuary

RH77 how ya doin?
    I bought a 527lux about 18 months ago and never looked back. shot a half inch group straight out of the box. Nice light rifle and is a pleasure to carry in the field. At the moment i have a 3-9x40 Leupold bolted on (courtesy of me buddy Dwighet :)) I heard some reports of feed problems and sticky magazine catches but i had no problems in that department at all. The 1:12 twist seems to favour the lighter round like a 40gr Hornaday v-max,very fast and a very flat round to shoot.Other than that i cant tell ya much more other than theyre a workhorse of a rifle and they dont mind a bit of bad weather. I paid 780euro for mine. Hope this helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

You'll have no compliants with any CZ

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

My son has a CZ 223 LUX and finds it very good. It does not like Remington ammo FMJ/€9.50 or HP/€15. He is now using Hornaday VMax/€28.50 good grouping @ 100m. A good gun and has an adjustable trigger as standard.
    Point to remember is that the CZ LUX has a low stock (comb I think its called) for using the iron sights. If your going to use a scope on the rifle then don't get the LUX model as your cheek will be/can be to low when looking through the scope. He paid about €650 last Febuary from the dealer in Goresbridge Kilkenny.
    I would like the varmint model myself in 223, 1 in 9 twist for the heavy ammo. One in Urlingford @ €950, looks good IMO with the heavy barrel and kevlar stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

RH 77 have the kevlar varmint at the moment but have had the lux too. if you can afford it go the kevlar varmint. test the trigger onthe gun before you buy, as although they are ajudtable - some are better than other's . price around as when I was buying the lux a few years ago I was getting quote's around the grand mark, I bought it in drangan in tipp. for 615 , so it was worth the hour and a half drive. No CZ I have had (quite a few) have liked rem. ammo. So my advice is BUY IT AND ENJOY IT.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

Thanks lads have done a bit of ringing around and some of the quotes differ quite a bit, 300 plus euro in some places. Waiting for my usual gun dealers to get back from holidays, Clivej you probably no the lads well, its were your son got his cz. Had a cz for years in a .22lr and never had any problems, I miss that old gun :(. So if the .223 is anyway as good as that Ill be well happy.Thanks again for the advice lads Ill let ye know I get on..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

clivej wrote: »
    Point to remember is that the CZ LUX has a low stock (comb I think its called) for using the iron sights. If your going to use a scope on the rifle then don't get the LUX model as your cheek will be/can be to low when looking through the scope.

Alternatively you can get/make a comb riser.

Advertisement