Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fairly happy with Vodafone mobile broadband

Options
  • 06-07-2008 9:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭

hi guys
    finally sound something that works good for me in apartment

tryed ripwave, clearwire, 3, 02 and finally vodafone mobile broadband

and i gotta say impressed! even gprs is letting me msn , irc and play solid poker!! 3G is giving me speeds of 130 kb/s

:pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

nuxxx wrote: »
    and i gotta say impressed! even gprs is letting me msn , irc and play solid poker!! 3G is giving me speeds of 130 kb/s

:pac:

Not really Broadband tho is it? Pity our government include it in statistics for people with broadband coverage, makes this counrty look as if its got things done when in reality there are still thousnds of people in this country without broadband access.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

ye true

i can get ntl smart etc here, but the landlord wont allow it, for this for me is perfecto on a plate :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

ye true

i can get ntl smart etc here, but the landlord wont allow it, for this for me is perfecto on a plate :)

What kind of a landlord refuses to allow broadband? I'd soon tell him shove it. Is he living in the eighteen hundreds? Broadband availability is quite often a selling point on a house, its the same with rental

he has BB installed

DSL, but it disconnects a packet every 15 seconds, making msn, irc, gaming, downloading impossible.

he lied about it when i moved in, im really dependent on BB for work + college report

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

he has BB installed

DSL, but it disconnects a packet every 15 seconds, making msn, irc, gaming, downloading impossible.

he lied about it when i moved in, im really dependent on BB for work + college report

nuxxx did u get bb after that works for u?

• Advertisement

ye

vodafone mobile does the job for me atm

happy as larry ;)

just a quick question,

where would i go about finding a 3 or 4 metre usb cable thats compatible with the dongle or would any standard cable do ?

Up in tallaght cheers. I get full 3G at my window but im on a desktop so its kinda awkward!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Should be able to get one in most computer shops, its just a bog standard usb extension you're after.

ye hopefully, so irritating the way there supply like a 2 cm one

No wonder everyone gets sh1te download speeds lol-=)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

ye hopefully, so irritating the way there supply like a 2 cm one

No wonder everyone gets sh1te download speeds lol-=)

That just illustrates the point that 3G is designed for net access on the go rather than home use, a 6 foot lead would be pretty irritating if you were trying to use a laptop on the train.

• Advertisement

lol thats true also :P
    but the double usb adapter is 4 times the size of the standard one!

i hit 50 mb , watched a few youtube videos etc.

And a message popped up saying something about some limit has been met?

Isnt the cap 5 gigs on vodafone? Can someone explain thanks.

voda.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

ya thats something stupid that has to be changed to get your max allowence when u get ur modem, i asked one f the lads about a month ago when i was in america and what ya have to do is go to settings and change the isage thingy to 5120 MB, I don't have a vf modem to do this step by stepp but hopefully someone can clarify this or even try find it by going to settings in the vodafone menu

Advertisement