Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open air cinema in Phoenix Park?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

The Shining was cancelled tonight, bit of a flood :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

I went to the Snapper today at 4.30pm. Rained the whole time. Had to have my wipers on. Was brilliant experience tho. Loads of cars needed jump starts at the end!

Can understand why they cancelled the Shining. The road out of Farmleigh was completely flooded as we were leaving. The main road thru the park up to c'knock was also flooded.

Have tickets for Grease tomorrow - hope it isn't cancelled!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Enii wrote: »
    I went to the Snapper today at 4.30pm. Rained the whole time. Had to have my wipers on. Was brilliant experience tho. Loads of cars needed jump starts at the end!

Probably down to people parking and forgetting their lights were on.
    I got a ticket for the snapper the other day. Good fun alright. Rain was crazy..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

have a ticket for jaws at 9pm. has it been cancelled because of weather or still going on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

watching the shinning during a storm would have been cool

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭NervousNude

I just got my ticket for the shining this morning, stupid an post. Does anyone know if they're going to reschedule it???

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Tedious Bore

When we turned up on saturday night, a security guy told us they would be rescheduling it.

Seeing though as 3 out of 4 were shown, and tickets were free, I'm thinking they might not bother if it's not convenient.

Really hope they do reschedule though. I've never seen the Shining and I'd love to watch it on the big screen first time.

If anyone hears any updates on this, please post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭NervousNude

I emailed the OPW yesterday to ask would 'The Shining' be rescheduled and here's the response I got:

"Thanks for your email re. Drive in Movie.
    Yes, the film last Saturday night was called off. The decision was taken approx 7pm due to severe flooding inside Farmleigh Estate
    Also, large areas within the Phoenix Park were impassable so any travel in the vicinity of the Park would have been severly hampered.
    I havent heard anything as yet about the Saturday night film being re-scheduled.
    However, its still early days and a decision hasnt been taken yet but if the film is going to be shown again, I would probably ring the ticket winners and let people know.
    Hopefully if it does go ahead, we might be blessed with a bit of dry weather!"

Doesn't sound terribly optimistic really does it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

no it sounds like a, thanks but no thanks, kind of answer

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Tedious Bore

I rang up and emailed, and got a similar response, and reckoned they probably won't be rescheduling.

but if they're still thinking about it, a few emails/phonecalls expressing interest might sway them...

ph: 01 8155981

farmleighinfo@opw.ie

• Advertisement
Advertisement