Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kilmac Wicklow famous speed trap - where is it?

Options
  • 06-07-2008 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭

Is it heading to or from wicklow?
    Near the bridge?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,975 ✭✭✭✭listermint

There are about four different places the shickaloneys set up along that route going to and from dublin, So chances on getting the correct one is slim. Best bet is watch your speed and keep the eyes peeled.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

it is heading towards dublin from wicklow.

it is just before avoca handweavers and the two petrol stations on either side of the road.

there is a stone wall on your left where there is a right angle in the wall that allows a garda car to park in there and just have a very sneaky camera pointing out.

it's a 60km/hr trap too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭worded

Theres a fixed one near Kilmac though?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

worded wrote: »
    Don't think so. Only the mobile trap behind the 'kink in the wall heading northbound AFAIK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,975 ✭✭✭✭listermint

worded wrote: »

No fixed one last time i was there. Mobile!

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭D_murph

*awaits the "if you just follow the speed limits, youll have nothing to worry about", high horse crew* :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

if you just follow the speed limits, youll have nothing to worry about :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I
    I
    I
    V

grannytg8.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Thread in the Wicklow forum about it...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055313472

Advertisement