Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Detox diet

• 06-07-2008 9:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

anybody know of any good detox diets? with not too awkward to prepare meals.

if you've ever tried a detox how did you find it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

sarz55 wrote: »
    anybody know of any good detox diets? with not too awkward to prepare meals.

if you've ever tried a detox how did you find it?

A detox is really just a diet plan that cuts out refined sugar and processed foods. What is your diet like at the moment that it causes you to feel like you need to detox?

As soon as you start to cut out problematic foods your body starts to thank you for it - less bloating and sluggishness, more energy and alertness, better sleep patterns.

Do a search for "detox" on this forum also, it's been discussed a few times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I do a detox twice a year. I essentially cut out all alcohol, caffeine, wheat, sugar, salt and red meat and restrict dairy. I eat chicken (free range only) and fish.

I cook all my meals from scratch, eat lots and lots of vegetables with my main meals and eat fruit, nuts and seeds in between meals. I drink lots of water and about three cups of green tea througout the day.

It's hard work and not for the faint hearted. It can be tough if you're going out - there's only so much water you can drink - and especially if you're invited to a bbq - you just have to eat before you go and try not to go insane with the smell of grilled sausages or out to dinner.

Having said that, after two weeks you'll feel fantastic, you'll sleep like a baby and everyone will tell you that your skin is so clear and glowing and you look amazing. You may also lose a few pounds but the real bonus is how good you'll feel on the inside.

I usually do it for a month in the summer and two weeks in the winter.

Advertisement