Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Parenting Forum

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

SteveC wrote: »
    This seems harsh to Sueme and Quality as they were defending against flaming but nonetheless they ignored the warning and as such the banning is justified.

Thanks SteveC, impartial observation is appreciated.

I think we are getting to the nub of the problem, (the light, I iz seeing it).

I reported a post because of flaming and trolling, the Mod intervened and issued a warning to, I thought (reasonably enough) the "trollers". Its seems now it may have also been towards me. If I had been aware it was directed towards me, I would have heeded it and modified my response to the personal abuse somewhat, although I still maintain my responses were reasonable, and undeserving of a ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Dudess wrote: »
    Yeah, I have to say I disagree with tbh. At least Quality and sueme weren't resorting to the unprovoked smart-assed, aggressive, sarcastic, mean-spirited stuff ntlbell and MagicMarker were posting. If they had made their points in a civil, non-reactionary manner they wouldn't have riled sueme up and this thread would probably be non existent.

You're right, all the sarcastic, smart-assed and mean-spirted stuff was being posted from one side only!
    Quality wrote:
    I suppose when Magicmarker has a child.....

It wont cry. Wont have a soother. It will sleep 10 hours a night from 2 weeks. It will never be cheeky. Draw on the walls with marker. Get sunburned.

The woman who nurtures the child in her womb for him, will be on a special diet made up by the finest dietician in the country. She will be secured in a chamber breathing pure oxygen in order not to have any harmful oxidants enter her body. she will drink and wash herself in Evian water.

She will adhere to a strict fitness routine, Play mozart to her baby and the child will be born naturally with no pain relief in the safest way possible.

In everyway everything Magicmarker does will be perfect... The perfect child.

So ladies and gentleman the point I am trying to get across is that We should all look to him for advise now. Because he seems to know it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I'm not saying Quality and sueme are angels but MagicMarker and ntlbell's comments were unprovoked.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Iago wrote: »
    You're right, all the sarcastic, smart-assed and mean-spirted stuff was being posted from one side only!

you left out unprovoked, my dear.:)

And MagicMarker and ntlbell are entitled to their opinions but they could have expressed them in a civilised fashion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Quality wrote: »

I was provoked by stupidity

:confused:

What stupidity?

And I find it strange the way someone who admits to being partial to trolling and who thanked another poster (tbh) for a particular post in which he said this person was a troll, hasn't been site-banned - along with the constant sniping, personal slurs, sarcasm, the list goes on, which is completely at odds with the Boards community ethos.
    A good example: one time when I said I found the idea of a formula for flirting abhorrent on a Ladies' Lounge thread, ntlbell just threw up there "well most average looking people do tbh". Wtf? Again, completely unprovoked. ntlbell has never seen me or even a picture of me, so... what the hell was that crap about?
    You can play innocent all you want, ntlbell, but your post history is visible for all to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

ntlbell wrote: »
    I was provoked by stupidity

You're provoking us all with these comments. If you don't like your ban take it up on your own thread, insulting other posters in feedback is pretty low.

You're provoking us all with these comments. If you don't like your ban take it up on your own thread, insulting other posters in feedback is pretty low.

I'm not unhappy at all, I've accepted the ban.

What stupidity?

You show me my aggression, I'll show you plenty of stupidity

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

You had no choice in the matter.;)

who did I insult?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

sueme wrote: »
    I reported a post because of flaming and trolling, the Mod intervened and issued a warning to, I thought (reasonably enough) the "trollers". Its seems now it may have also been towards me. If I had been aware it was directed towards me, I would have heeded it and modified my response to the personal abuse somewhat, although I still maintain my responses were reasonable, and undeserving of a ban.

That's understandable given that Thaed specifically called out the trolls.
    Magicmarker and ntlbell stop trolling/derailing threads this is your last and only warning.

Having just looked at it again, ntbell should have been immediatedly banned for arguing with Thaeds warning in the next post.

If that had happened, I don't think the crap would have continued and this thread wouldn't exist.

IMHO, that was a bit lax on Thaeds part, especially as ntbell posted it 4 minutes after the warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

But why try to complain to explain your own actions on the Parenting thread when the actions in question on this thread are those of the OP?

Just for your own sake, you do not want to appear to be trolling in thread in the eyes of an admin, let alone a moderator.

Keep it civil above all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Quality wrote: »

and condescending obviously!

Look it's an internet forum, there will be a wide variety of users and opinions. People at different stages of life and maturity, and with different outlooks to go with it. There will always be a level of conflict brought on by people rubbing each other up the wrong way, think of it like a schoolyard but with fewer supervisors.

We can choose to react to these things in 3 ways

1. We realise it's a bulletin board and really who cares what pixels are displayed on screen.

2. We take the path of righteous indignation and get involved in a back and forth argument with someone that we wouldn't give the time of day to in person.

3. We report the posts and quickly move on with the far more important things in life.

2 of those options are good ones, so why do so many choose the 3rd?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

If ntlbell was a plant...
    Feed me! Feed me! Feed me!
    Feed me, [Feedback folk]
    Feed me all night long
    That's right, boy
    You can do it
    Feed me, [Feedback folk]
    Feed me all night long
    'Cause if you feed me, [Feedback folk]
    I can grow up big and strong

What stupidity?

And I find it strange the way someone who admits to being partial to trolling and who thanked another poster (tbh) for a particular post in which he said this person was a troll, hasn't been site-banned - along with the constant sniping, personal slurs, sarcasm, the list goes on, which is completely at odds with the Boards community ethos.
    Christ, one time when I said I found the idea of a formula for flirting abhorrent, ntlbell just threw up there "well most average looking people do tbh". Wtf? Again, completely unprovoked. ntlbell has never seen me or even a picture of me, so... what the hell was that crap about?
    You can play innocent all you want, ntlbell, but your post history is visible for all to see.

WTF?

I thanked tbh for his honest/intelligent/well thought out comments? the fact he called me a troll is irrelevant? see? I'm an adult I can take constructive criticism's;)

now you're pulling things I said a few months ago in a thread non related? when I just made a passing comment why? that's just weird. what has it got to do with ANYTHING.

this one time in this thread you hurt my feelings!!

It's a good example of one of your personal snipes. "Passing comment"? Sure...

But why try to complain to explain your own actions on the Parenting thread when the actions in question on this thread are those of the OP?

Just for your own sake, you do not want to appear to be trolling in thread in the eyes of an admin, let alone a moderator.

Keep it civil above all.

I'm just correcting people, e.g. people calling me aggressive, when I'm very passive, I'm asking them to prove, they can't.

My good name is being dragged through the mud! :eek:

It's a good example of one of your personal snipes. "Passing comment"? Sure...

You said myself and magic were aggressive in the parenting thread.

I asked you to prove it.

instead you said I said once that the majority of average people don't like flirting?

could I be any more flippant? how is that a personal snipe when I have as you rightly said never ever seen you, i made a sweeping generlisation that's all.

next

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I'm just correcting people, e.g. people calling me aggressive, when I'm very passive, I'm asking them to prove, they can't.

My good name is being dragged through the mud! :eek:

Maybe it's time to go play somewhere else for a while, think about real life stuff that's not the internet, and calm down.

You don't have to win every arguement to be a winner you know.

I'm not trying to insult you, but you come across as being very angry and the best thing to do would be to chill for a bit. This will all blow over soon.

SteveC wrote: »
    Maybe it's time to go play somewhere else for a while, think about real life stuff that's not the internet, and calm down.

You don't have to win every arguement to be a winner you know.

I'm not trying to insult you, but you come across as being very angry and the best thing to do would be to chill for a bit. This will all blow over soon.

Sorry, my sarcastic "tone" wasn't loud enough in that post.

no insult taken..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

Poor ban, IMO. As SteveC posted, the trolls (from Thaed's POV) were warned on the thread itself. Sueme mentioned that she did use the "report post" function eventually, so she seems to have done her part. There is no personal abuse or an abusive tone in her posts from what I can see. Any OT posts she did make were purely reactionary, not proactive. There should have been a clear warning directed at her if indeed she was derailing the thread. Such a warning was not clear to her and it is not all that clear to me. If she had to be punished for her 'part' in the proceedings, an infraction should have been the height of it.

As an aside, if there are absentee mods on the Parenting forum, there should be moves put in place to replace them by the appropriate people.

As an aside, if there are absentee mods on the Parenting forum, there should be moves put in place to replace them by the appropriate people.

I think in general the traffic to the parenting forum is usually very low and because it's a "parenting" forum the modding is usually pretty light.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

@ ntlbell:

Your posts are only reinforcing the seemingly generally-held opinion that you’re a twat who especially likes winding up the ladies.

Seriously, why don’t you take it to The Thunderdome & see how you fare?

Hill Billy wrote: »
    @ ntlbell:

Your posts are only reinforcing the seemingly generally-held opinion that you’re a twat who especially likes winding up the ladies.

Seriously, why don’t you take it to The Thunderdome & see how you fare?

Been there, done it, they didn't enjoy it.

If I could just point out this thread is about ME ME ME. Not trolls, who I wish would just get their own thread as funnily enough, its derailing my thread. Again.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

sueme wrote:
    If I could just point out this thread is about ME ME ME. Not trolls, who I wish would just get their own thread as funnily enough, its derailing my thread. Again.

I'd suggest starting a thread in Helpdesk then. Threads can't be derailed in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

sueme wrote: »

Get down offa dat high horse before you fall off it and hurt yourself.

The thread is about your banning and obviously that of others as well. Now if nobody replies it would be pointless so you have to accept that part. The other part is that you are not the center of attraction and you will also have to accept that.

• Advertisement

Heinrich wrote: »
    Get down offa dat high horse before you fall off it and hurt yourself.

The thread is about your banning and obviously that of others as well. Now if nobody replies it would be pointless so you have to accept that part. The other part is that you are not the center of attraction and you will also have to accept that.

No this thread is about my banning. No one elses.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement