Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Parenting Forum

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

sueme wrote: »
    No this thread is about my banning. No one elses.

Get real! Nine pages and most of the stuff not dedicated to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

Heinrich wrote: »

Another one with a bad attitude. This is sueme's thread which she started about her banning. Everything else is OT.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Careful now. she might take her ball..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

If I could just point out this thread is about ME ME ME. Not trolls, who I wish would just get their own thread as funnily enough, its derailing my thread. Again.

This thread is about your banning, nothing more.
    Hill Billy wrote: »
    I'd suggest starting a thread in Helpdesk then. Threads can't be derailed in there.

+1, good advice.
    Get down offa dat high horse before you fall off it and hurt yourself.

The thread is about your banning and obviously that of others as well. Now if nobody replies it would be pointless so you have to accept that part. The other part is that you are not the center of attraction and you will also have to accept that.

The thread is about Sueme's banning, there was a thread on ntlbells banning which went to cat city so now this one is getting pointlessly trolled to the point that Thaed / the admins aren't going to be arsed replying in it.

Trinity1 wrote: »
    Another one with a bad attitude. This is sueme's thread which she started about her banning. Everything else is OT.

Including your contribution?

• Advertisement

SteveC wrote: »

The thread is about Sueme's banning, there was a thread on ntlbells banning which went to cat city so now this one is getting pointlessly trolled to the point that Thaed / the admins aren't going to be arsed replying in it.

There was no thread on my banning as I was happy enough with Thaed's handing of the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Right the same people I should have ignored in the original thread, are now flaming here. This is how a fairly innocuous thread in Parenting turned into a train-wreck. I'm not going to rise to it, and I'll report anything I find offensive.

Any other opinions are welcomed and will be considered, but I'll ignore ntbell, Magicmarker and Heinrich.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

ntlbell wrote: »
    There was no thread on my banning as I was happy enough with Thaed's handing of the situation.

I beg your pardon, it was pirelli, sorry my mistake.:o

Right the same people I should have ignored in the original thread, are now flaming here. This is how a fairly innocuous thread in Parenting turned into a train-wreck. I'm not going to rise to it, and I'll report anything I find offensive.

Any other opinions are welcomed and will be considered, but I'll ignore ntbell, Magicmarker and Heinrich.

How condescending or should that be patronising?

ME -ME - ME -ME sums it all up.

Including your contribution?

My contribution was about the bitchiness that got the OPs back up in the first place. Therefore it was related directly to the ban. There are few people that can ignore degoratory remarks regarding their parenting skills and i would have reacted the same.

WHat has your contribution been to the whole topic on both threads other than smart remarks and plenty of these - :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

My contribution was about the bitchiness that got the OPs back up in the first place. Therefore it was related directly to the ban. There are few people that can ignore degoratory remarks regarding their parenting skills and i would have reacted the same.

WHat has your contribution been to the whole topic on both threads other than smart remarks and plenty of these - :rolleyes:

Some peoples smart remarks are other peoples opinions.

Not all parents are drama queens, in fact many are pragmatic and get on with their parenting. Waffling on an internet forum is not, in my opinion, a good way to get the job done. Some parents brought up their brats when internet didn't even exist and it seems to have worked out fine.

Honestly, if you want the admins to consider whether the banning was fair or not, you would be better served starting up a helpdesk thread. Only admins and smods can reply there.

If I were you I'd just forget about this one as it's already a wreck as you said.:)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

How am I acting like a child? I agree the usual suspects are, but I don't believe I am.

I hate "I Got Banned!!?!!!!!" threads as much as the next person, they're usually totally deserved bans. I don't recall one ever being over-turned, just the OP getting alot of cat-picz. But Feedback is the only place I can discuss this, in my usual calm, reasonable manner. :D
    Well I have a better memory then you. I am fairly confident that 100% of bans which deserved to be turned over were. And thats a non-zero number by the way.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Some peoples smart remarks are other peoples opinions.

Not all parents are drama queens, in fact many are pragmatic and get on with their parenting. Waffling on an internet forum is not, in my opinion, a good way to get the job done. Some parents brought up their brats when internet didn't even exist and it seems to have worked out fine.
    Some people brought up their kids before electricity didn't exist... Do you have a problem with sueme making use of a tool just because she could do without it?

Honestly, if you want the admins to consider whether the banning was fair or not, you would be better served starting up a helpdesk thread. Only admins and smods can reply there.

If I were you I'd just forget about this one as it's already a wreck as you said.:)

I did that SteveC, but I agree, this battle is beyond saving I guess. Poor form though.

Dudess wrote: »
    Some people brought up their kids before electricity didn't exist... Do you have a problem with sueme making use of a tool just because she could do without it?

According to change.ie (which you will need a working internet connection to see and possibly electricity)

If you can do without it don't use it!

Some parents brought up their brats when internet didn't even exist and it seems to have worked out fine.

See thats exactly the attitude I am talking about.

She was having a discussion, is that not what boards is for? She wasnt asking how to raise her child.

You're obviously just out for a row and jumped on everyone of Sueme's posts and she got banned for reacting.

Where is that ignore button?

I don't have problems - only solutions. That's why the internet is only a distraction and not a tool as far as I am concerned.

There's always someone in threads like this who bitches about people using the internet for whatever their gripe is... what the fuk are they doing on the same forum so?

There's always someone in threads like this who bitches about people using the internet for whatever their gripe is... what the fuk are they doing on the same forum so?

Same as you I imagine - discussing/ranting/trolling/passing away some free time.

• Advertisement

DeVore wrote: »
    Well I have a better memory then you. I am fairly confident that 100% of bans which deserved to be turned over were. And thats a non-zero number by the way.

DeV.

Good to know. Do I take it you are saying you feel the ban was correct? If you do, then there's not a lot of point trying to get it overturned anymore I guess. I still disagree though.

Same as you I imagine - discussing/ranting/trolling/passing away some free time.
    Well at least I wouldn't be using the internet to have a go at someone for using the internet.

You are wasting your time Dudess it will go back and forth all day.

People like this are best ignored or sent to thunderdome, they get their kicks out of this and i for one am no longer taking the bait.

Well at least I wouldn't be using the internet to have a go at someone for using the internet.

He's not, he's having a go for them using the internet to give out about someone else not protecting their child from UV

see, if you stop changing peoples words around and leave them as is it will help you as the thread moves a long

You are wasting your time Dudess it will go back and forth all day.

People like this are best ignored or sent to thunderdome, they get their kicks out of this and i for one am no longer taking the bait.

No one is setting out bait for you. Poking the anthill usually provokes lots of movement.

I did that SteveC, but I agree, this battle is beyond saving I guess. Poor form though.

I would have asked about the banning there though, not that this thread be moderated.

DeVore has already posted here so I maybe he feels that it doesn't need moderating.

I'm not trying to tell you what to do, but in my opinion if you want a serious answer - put the question directly in helpdesk.

I would have asked about the banning there though, not that this thread be moderated.

DeVore has already posted here so I maybe he feels that it doesn't need moderating.

I'm not trying to tell you what to do, but in my opinion if you want a serious answer - put the question directly in helpdesk.

I see, I don't usually read Helpdesk all that much so I wasn't sure of the protocols for there.

I think its fairly hopeless at this stage, but I feel I put my point across well, and the majority agreed in some ways with me, so I'll not lose any sleep over it. :)

I see, I don't usually read Helpdesk all that much so I wasn't sure of the protocols for there.

I think its fairly hopeless at this stage, but I feel I put my point across well, and the majority agreed in some ways with me, so I'll not lose any sleep over it. :)

Go and add to your post there - at least you'll get a straight answer.

I kind of get the impression that question has already been answered tbh.

I guess it can be a grey area around personal abuse and someone just pissing you off.

Drama queen, brat etc when talking in relation to my child/my parenting skills to me would be very insulting and degrading and can be difficult to ignore but unfortunately thick skin is a must on the internet.

Im a great believer in it aint what you say its the way that you say it.

• Advertisement

The majority are not always right but if it helps you to sleep that is a good thing in itself!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement