Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LastMile - Netgear problems

Options
  • 06-07-2008 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

Folks,

I have a business connection with last mile, 1mb up & down and it works fine. I am using the PPOE client on my desktop going through a netgear 834 wpnt wireless/4 port ethernet firewall.

The problem I am having is that I need to click on the shortcut to last mile on my desktop everytime I startup the computer. I want the firewall to be able to do this for me so i can also connect wirelessly from my laptop as well. I have entered my last mile username and password into the netgear basic settings page and it hasn't worked. I have reset the firewall, put the latest firmware on it, contacted last mile and netgear and have got anywhere. Can someone please help?

Derek.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

First of all Lastmile won't help, they'll just fob you off. They really hate dealing with customers, especially with private network problems.

You need to setup the netgear to do the pppoe dialling with your username and password. In the wan section choose dynamic pppoe, ie, it gets an ip from the receiver outside. You can add the lastmile dns servers or even better add the opendns ones (208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220) as lastmiles dns server is brutally slow and don't correct type errors (like .cmo instead of .com)

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭goalie2

PogMoThoin,

Thanks for this. I had the last mile username and password in here but was using there DNS server but once I changed to the OPENDNS it has been working fine!

Cheers
    Derek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

goalie2 wrote: »
    PogMoThoin,

Thanks for this. I had the last mile username and password in here but was using there DNS server but once I changed to the OPENDNS it has been working fine!

Cheers
    Derek.

Glad to help, I know how frustrating it is trying to deal with Lastmile, was delighted the day i could tell them stick their pathetic service :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Henry's Cat

Business must be slow for them. I rang last week and my call was answered almost immediately ... last time before that I needed to contact tech support it took about 3 days of calling and several messages before I managed to get to talk to anyone there!

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭goalie2

Folks,

I am back and the problem is to. As sooon as I turn off the pc and back on again the porblem reoccurs i.e. it won't ocnnect to the internet using settings in netgear router. As soon as i reapply them in netgear admin they will work. I have power cycled router etc but to no avail. Does this sound like a netgear router issue?

Cheers

Derek.

• Advertisement
Advertisement