Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford MPV airbags

Options
  • 06-07-2008 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know why Ford don't do an airbag switch on their MPV's? Thinking of buying a Galaxy but will need to put an infant in a rear facing seat in the front. Have to check with the dealer but it seems I will have to go to Ford to get it deactivated/reactivated every time baby is in or out. And pay for the pleasure. With so many cars coming with a switch (even my Mazda saloon) why do cars aimed at the family market by Ford lack such a basic necessity? :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,975 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Tis a tough one, is it paramount that the wee one is in the front though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

Well my 3 year old and my one year old would love to use No.3 as a punchbag but I think in the interest of my wife's sanity she would prefer to keep him up front where he might live longer!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,975 ✭✭✭✭listermint

ankles wrote: »
    Well my 3 year old and my one year old would love to use No.3 as a punchbag but I think in the interest of my wife's sanity she would prefer to keep him up front where he might live longer!

Very Valid reasons:D

Shame though the New Galaxy is a nice one. Nice driver too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Is there a safety reason why they don't encourage babys in the front seat on that model?

Advertisement