Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned By Thaedydal

Options
  • 06-07-2008 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭

I was banned. So here it is Thaedydal, lets see that Child protection act. I wont be sorry if you find some dusty peice of legislation, Even if you do whip up some law or new act that just came out, your interpretation of it is erroneous. If there is NOT a child protection act in Ireland. You should be banned.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

The Child Act 2001 and Child Care Act 1991 are of use, but even within the context, having read back over the thread in question, I have to admit your banning seems harsh, although you did not phrase your disagreement in the form of a question, but you did throw a little personal abuse her way too.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56477731&postcount=75
    Seem's she is just burning our little dears to crisp so she can confidentially say that she has never handled a child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

You want to argue about a topic in a thread here after you were banned from the forum it belongs in ?
    Your daft.
    You can't have the arguement in the appropiate forum cos you are banned from there so you want to have it here ?
    Nope not playing that game try when your ban is up.

You were banned for adding to the train wreck which was that thread.

Oh and for the record I have children have been a guide asst capt, a scout leader founded and help run an foroige club.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

The Child Act 2001 and Child Care Act 1991 are of use, but even within the context, having read back over the thread in question, I have to admit your banning seems harsh, although you did not phrase your disagreement in the form of a question, but you did throw a little personal abuse her way too.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56477731&postcount=75

Thanks for that Marcus Aurelius. I felt Thaedydal issued an unduly harsh Ban.
    Instead of dealing with the post; Thaedydal it seems has attacked the poster rather than admit how erroneous ( uneccessary) and offensive her opinions were to the general public.

As for the acts, they are more for district court guidlines and dont deal with
    the topic in parenting forum.
    They are mostly irrelevant and they are very general and couldn't be used on the issue we were discussing. You might be aware that there are a host of child protection guidlines being used by agencies that deal with children.

These guidlines are many and varied and the majority would not support Thaedydals views. The child protection acts focus on the childs personality and physical safety and would advocate protecting a child from sunburn. The child protection guidlines that people see in agencies are not enforced by law and are there as a result of reporting child abuse laws etc..

There is no Irish Child protection act that can be enforced.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭corcaighcailin9

I don't know the full history here so feel free to tell me to fcuk off good and lively if you wish but speaking as a primary school teacher, I would never, ever apply suntan lotion to a child in my care. In warm weather, I advise each parent in writing that they may wish to apply suntan lotion every morning but that school policy dictates I can't apply suntan lotion to anyone. I have never had a complaint from a parent regarding this policy.
    Sorry for hijacking.

I don't know the full history here so feel free to tell me to fcuk off good and lively if you wish but speaking as a primary school teacher, I would never, ever apply suntan lotion to a child in my care. In warm weather, I advise each parent in writing that they may wish to apply suntan lotion every morning but that school policy dictates I can't apply suntan lotion to anyone. I have never had a complaint from a parent regarding this policy.
    Sorry for hijacking.
    You want to argue about a topic in a thread here after you were banned from the forum it belongs in ?
    Your daft.
    You can't have the arguement in the appropiate forum cos you are banned from there so you want to have it here ?
    Nope not playing that game try when your ban is up.

You were banned for adding to the train wreck which was that thread

Sorry corcaighcailin9 I have to agree with Thaedydal here. We are not discussing the merits of suncream. Each to their own and all that. As for Thaedydal and enforcing the child protection act...... That's corrupting opinions,considering there is no such act.

• Advertisement

OK fair enough sorry.

Thaedydal wrote: »

Oh and for the record I have children have been a guide asst capt, a scout leader founded and help run an foroige club.

Oh have you, God help us. Show me Irelands child protection act , or get off that high horse Thaedydal. My respect for you is dissapating quickly and if people could see the Pm you sent they would suddenly see the stereotype that I see. The mental health act might be more appropiate for you Thaedydal. At least it exists anyway.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Posting private messages is frowned upon greatly.

OK fair enough sorry.

Teachers and suncream don't do it for me either.

513IC7QmMWL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Again it wasn't what you asked about it was the manner and lack of civility in your posting in a thread which was already a mess which got you banned for a week.

After the week is up I will discuss that topic with you in the appropriate forum which is the parenting forum and not this one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

pirelli wrote: »
    Oh have you, God help us.

That's bang out of order imo.

OP I haven't read the thread in question but you're attitude in this thread is edging it in the lolcat direction and not going to do you any favours. Coming into feedback and demanding action or acting in a confrontational manner is going to make people less likely to take you seriously. /my 2c

feylya wrote: »

I had already have sent a PM to Thaedydal confirming I would post the PM in Feedback. Thaedydal hasn't objected.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

It relates to the topic at hand, I say let them frown.

Teachers and suncream don't do it for me either.

Meaning....???

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Fair enough.

Fight da powah and all that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Fair enough.

Fight da powah and all that.

That's the spirit.

orestes wrote: »
    That's bang out of order imo.

OP I haven't read the thread in question but you're attitude in this thread is edging it in the lolcat direction and not going to do you any favours. Coming into feedback and demanding action or acting in a confrontational manner is going to make people less likely to take you seriously. /my 2c

Please, Please, Read the thread. I dont care for thaedydals ban and I am not here begging for it to be removed and i am not a trying to adopt an attitude to get support for thaedydals ban or sympathy.

This thread is here to elicit from Thaedydal the fact that there is no Child protetcion act in ireland. Feedback isnt just contesting a Ban or garnering sympathy. I just want Thaedydal to admit that she profited from banning me and was biased and perverted the natural course of justice. This is what disgusts me.

If i was wrong about this Thaedydal would have explained her reasons...., but she has just enforced the view for me that she was biased.

I had already have sent a PM to Thaedydal confirming I would post the PM in Feedback. Thaedydal hasn't objected.

Lack of consent does not imply or confer consent you were not given permission to post any pms from me to you.

Please, Please, Read the thread. I dont care for thaedydals ban and I am not here begging for it to be removed and i am not a trying to adopt an attitude to get support for thaedydals ban or sympathy.

So you agree that you were posting in a manner which was not civil despite 2 warnings to do so already in the thread and that the ban for that is fair ?
    This thread is here to elicit from Thaedydal the fact that there is no Child protetcion act in ireland.

I already told you that if you want to query that post of mine that sure I will enguage with you on that topic in the right forum for that which is the parenting forum alas you will have to wait until your ban is up.

Feedback isnt just contesting a Ban or garnering sympathy. I just want Thaedydal to admit that she profited from banning me and was biased and perverted the natural course of justice. This is what disgusts me.

If i was wrong about this Thaedydal would have explained her reasons...., but she has just enforced the view for me that she was biased.

I hate lawyer speak really I do esp in feedback threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

A mod did that to me the other night!!! :eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Lack of consent does not imply or confer consent you were not given permission to post any pms from me to you.

Thaedydal, At least have the courtesy of replying to my PM rather than coming onto feedback and complaing about it. I haven't posted your PM yet.

QUOTE=Thaedydal;56479163]So you agree that you were posting in a manner which was not civil despite 2 warnings to do so already in the thread and that the ban for that is fair ?

Don't cross examine me Thaedydal and then whimper on about lawyer speak.

I don't agree with you and I could never agree there is a child protection act
    in ireland because there isnt. As for your 2 warnings, There was some debate going on which I was not privy too. I did not see any warnings.

As for my response to your post, You ban in that respect was found to be unduly harsh.

I already told you that if you want to query that post of mine that sure I will enguage with you on that topic in the right forum for that which is the parenting forum alas you will have to wait until your ban is up.

I hate lawyer speak really I do esp in feedback threads.

Your the one quoting Acts of law and enforcing them on your forum. These laws don't exist. Better to be a lawyer than a FAKE.

Thaedydal, At least have the courtesy of replying to my PM rather than coming onto feedback and complaing about it. I haven't posted your PM yet.

As per your pm you asked me to reply here.

Don't cross examine me Thaedydal and then whimper on about lawyer speak.

Bored now.
    I don't agree with you and I could never agree there is a child protection act
    in ireland because there isnt.

We can have that chat when you are no longer banned.
    As for your 2 warnings, There was some debate going on which I was not privy too. I did not see any warnings.

Not my fault you didn't' read the entire thread and missed the warnings and anyway you are expected to read and comply with the charter with out being warned.
    As for my response to your post, You ban in that respect was found to be unduly harsh.

I disagree, it's been a case it seems of spare the banstick and spoil the forum.
    Your the one quoting Acts of law and enforcing them on your forum. These laws don't exist. Better to be a lawyer than a FAKE.

My you are all worked up aren't you.

As per your pm you asked me to reply here.

Bored now.

Nonsense! how do you get away with it.

We can have that chat when you are no longer banned.

I find that comment contains an element of discrimination based on my race and its laws.
    Not my fault you didn't' read the entire thread and missed the warnings and anyway you are expected to read and comply with the charter with out being warned.

I did read the thread ( not the debate ) and charter and attacked your post and not you.

I disagree, it's been a case it seems of spare the banstick and spoil the forum.

May we agree to disagree.

My you are all worked up aren't you.

Can I post your PM because it would make you look very silly

[/QUOTE]

Well you have me in knots of laughter, and As a scout you would know all about knots. Knots of nothing from Thaedydal about Irelands supposed child protection act thats doesn't exist.

I find that your ban was based on foreign laws that you prescribe too and was therefore was racist due to your obvious bias and you have discriminated aginst me based on my race and my culture and my ethinic minority. I will make a complaint to the equality section of boards.ie that probably doesn't exist but since when did that matter.

They will be in contact with you via this Feedback thread Thaedydal. They will issue you with their findings and you will un ban me if they so decide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

Pirelli, I think there might still be a guy in rural Roscommon who isn't aware that there is no child protection act in irish law!

But, after this thread, he's the only one. :pac:

tallaght01 wrote: »
    Pirelli, I think there might still be a guy in rural Roscommon who isn't aware that there is no child protection act in irish law!

But, after this thread, he's the only one. :pac:

I just shanghighed him to the isle of Man, so technically he can rule in his own sovereignty. He will probably meet Thaedydal over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

I find that your ban was based on foreign laws that you prescribe too and was therefore was racist due to your obvious bias and you have discriminated aginst me based on my race and my culture and my ethinic minority. I will make a complaint to the equality section of boards.ie that probably doesn't exist but since when did that matter.

If you could qualify that statement for me please, I'm not sure what you mean there?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Race??? WTF. Eh any slim argument you had - and it was so slim, Bob Geldof as we speak is organising a gig - went out the nearest window when you started going on about "race" and "laws".

I'll put good money your definition of race and how it pertains to this will be uproarious.

Add in the childish tit for tat nonsense about PM's etc and the level of daftness is banging against the stops.

PS private site. There is no freedom of speech, just a loose bunch of largely like minded individuals who abide by rules most follow. I disagree with people all the time. I agree with them too. It's you know, debate, conversation, occasionally bullshít, it's not serious. at least not that serious that knickers should be bunching this much.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Willies willies, i like willies.

It's i love willies.

What?

i love willies.

Sorry can you keep it down please?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

ZOMG A CHILD NOT BEING PROTECKTD LOL
    internetseriousbusinessxk4.jpg

• Advertisement

Wibbs wrote: »
    Race??? WTF. Eh any slim argument you had - and it was so slim, Bob Geldof as we speak is organising a gig - went out the nearest window when you started going on about "race" and "laws".

I'll put good money your definition of race and how it pertains to this will be uproarious.

Add in the childish tit for tat nonsense about PM's etc and the level of daftness is banging against the stops.

PS private site. There is no freedom of speech, just a loose bunch of largely like minded individuals who abide by rules most follow. I disagree with people all the time. I agree with them too. It's you know, debate, conversation, occasionally bullshít, it's not serious. at least not that serious that knickers should be bunching this much.

Wibbs: you might wear frilly knickers, but I don't, and please don't get thick about how slim an argument is when its not an argument but is an established scientific fact, that there is no such act in ireland.

I know boards.ie never sleeps but i am putting this thread away for the night. It's ( the thread ) intention was to get thaedydal to explain the child protection act. Thaedydal knows she is wrong and wont co-operate. If ya had read all the threads you'd see Taedydal asked me to open a thread only to in the end just basically to say feck all about it. I wasn't being sincere when I accussed thaedydal of racism, It was just light banter.

I'm not spending all week replying to anymore messages and either i imagine is thaedydal. She admits she is bored, and to be honest her covert evasion has worked. I can pretend there is a child protection act for a day or two, it's probably going to rain anyway. Although it is forecast for sunny spells.

Just running the ship ( thread ) into the sand and forgetting about it.
    :p:P !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement