Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Found

Options
  • 06-07-2008 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hi there, Not sure If I am allowed to put this up!! but sure I will be told off if wrong!!! I found a young Sheepdog/Collie Black & White... with tan collar..
    Hes, in the Carlow area., is very friendly, bit skinny, I have phoned the Dog Warden hopefully coming tomorrow to collect him, unless somebody is looking for a lovely young dog,,, !!!!! I hope. :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

Please don't give him to the dog warden! He'll more than likely end up dead! Please keep him yourself and look for an owner or try and get him a place in a rescue.

try www.lostandfound.ie
    and also to say that you have found a dog/try to get him into a rescue or foster home if you can't hold onto him go to http://petsireland.invisionzone.ie and post there.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭haveabadday

Thanks Kerrysgold, I would love to keep him, hes so good, but I am privately renting and not allowed pets!!! have put ad on lostandfound.. will also look on the other one you gave,, Notice up in Post Office,, and also put on Local Radio Station... Hopefully someone out there is missing him.. i hope!!!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

That's good, hopefully if he has just escaped and will be found. considering his breed though I wouldn't be suprised if he has just been dumped by a farmer or something.

definetly do not ever give him to the dog warden though as it is an almost certain death sentance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭BlackCat2008

Yes please do no give him to the warden. Take him to the SPCA your self and tell them you found him tied to a tree "not straying" and hardly able to get up of the ground if they think he was abandoned they may take him in as an abuse case as they will tell you to give him over to the warden if you say he was straying. A little white lie won't hurt maybe even add in that you have seen him limp on one of his legs from time to time and they may have abandoned him because they didn't want to pay the vet bills.Don't forget which leg mined.Or find a private rescue centre and ask them to take him in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭BlackCat2008

Have a look under irish animals (Animal related web sites in Ireland) They have a hole list of rescue centers that you can contact and if all else fails contact local vets and see if they can take him and get him a home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Hey guys, just a quick one. While I understand that the op should do her best to get dog to a rescue and not give it to a warden, It's not always that easy. The resources for people who pick up dogs/cats etc are next to none. There is very very little support as I'm sure you know. If the op cannot hold onto dog, perhaps someone here can volunteer to take it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭mary123

Hi, i can only say what the other people have said please do not send him to the pound the chances are he will not come out. There is a rescue in Mullingar that deals with collies. If u go to Pets Ireland u will be able to see if this rescue can take him.

Advertisement