Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Formatting 360 HDD to remove credit card details?

• 06-07-2008 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭

I have a quick question I'm hoping someone can answer.

If you trade in an Xbox 360 to a store (say Gamestop) and they format the HDD to remove your history, gamertag, gamerscore etc... does this remove your credit card details too?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Your card details are linked to your gamertag online via xbox.com so not on the data stored on the hard drive at all, well unless you leave your gamertag on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I'm going to get an Elite this weekend, just one question that I cannot find info on. Does the Elite come with a cable to allow you to copy data from your old hard drive to the new one or can this only be done in shops like Gamestop when you trade in a Pro.

I don't want to trade in the Pro, just keeping it as a back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭hurleyd

I'm going to get an Elite this weekend, just one question that I cannot find info on. Does the Elite come with a cable to allow you to copy data from your old hard drive to the new one or can this only be done in shops like Gamestop when you trade in a Pro.

I don't want to trade in the Pro, just keeping it as a back up.

No it won't come with the cable. You have to get Microsoft to send you one or find someone that can loan it to you for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Only way to remove your credit card details from microsoft's own datebase is to ring them and ask for it to be removed from your linked gamertag. I would do that to be sure to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

In the end I did ring Microsoft just to be sure. However, they were extremely unhelpful so after I ended the conversation I rang my bank and cancelled the credit card. I had a new one within the week so it worked out nicely.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

hurleyd wrote: »
    No it won't come with the cable. You have to get Microsoft to send you one or find someone that can loan it to you for a while.

Those cables are singles use, one time only so you cant get one off a friend. You can use a memory card tho seen as you will have your old console and just swap it back and forth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Axwell wrote: »
    Those cables are singles use, one time only so you cant get one off a friend. You can use a memory card tho seen as you will have your old console and just swap it back and forth
    How is a cable single use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

"This cable will self destruct in.........5.........4........3........" :rolleyes:

Well thats what i read, didnt have to use one myself if they arent then all the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

The transfer from drive abc to xyz can only take place once.

• Advertisement

Thanks for confirming that :cool:

Advertisement