Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Service Medals

• 07-07-2008 12:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

Who in here never got the medals they where due ???

7yrs Medals ... :mad::mad::mad:

What can be done for us auld boyz to get what is owed!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Nam_Man wrote: »

If you have an problem with your service medal and its lack of issue to you I'd suggest you get in touch with your old units CQMS, he's the one who order's these things.

Nothing to do with us here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Nam_Man

Just asking a question ...

Looks like I'll hafta buy one off ebay so ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭kermit_ie

Mairt wrote: »
    If you have an problem with your service medal and its lack of issue to you I'd suggest you get in touch with your old units CQMS, he's the one who order's these things.

Nothing to do with us here.

Medals are an A matter. Nowt to do with the CQMS...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Fionn

responsibility for the certification of eligability and award of medals is an A matter, however the procurement and issue of medals is a Q matter.

So contact your unit Orderly Room to see has there been an application for an award of a medal first, if there has it will have been published in Unit Routine Orders and notated in LA 141. Then contact the CQMS or whoever is in charge of Q administration who should be able to take action on your case. If you haven't been issued and your entitled to the award, you dont need to go off and buy one, it's your right to be issued with one, even if your gone on your ticket.

Fionn wrote: »
    responsibility for the certification of eligability and award of medals is an A matter, however the procurement and issue of medals is a Q matter.

So contact your unit Orderly Room to see has there been an application for an award of a medal first, if there has it will have been published in Unit Routine Orders and notated in LA 141. Then contact the CQMS or whoever is in charge of Q administration who should be able to take action on your case. If you haven't been issued and your entitled to the award, you dont need to go off and buy one, it's your right to be issued with one, even if your gone on your ticket.

At last ... The info I've been looking for ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

kermit_ie wrote: »
    Medals are an A matter. Nowt to do with the CQMS...

Your CQMS order's your service medal through Ceremonial section, A Admin, DFHQ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭Kat1170

The Service Medal is awarded after 10 years and the Bar after 15. ;)

Maby your not 'owed' as much as you think. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Fionn

i'm guessing the OP is/was RDF/FCA and are different than the medal awards for the PDF, they are as follows:
    7 years - Medal
    12 years - Bar to Service Medal
    21 Years - 2nd Bar to Service Medal

Kat1170 wrote: »
    The Service Medal is awarded after 10 years and the Bar after 15. ;)

Maby your not 'owed' as much as you think. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I thought the mentioning of a 7 year medal would be a good enough give away as to which part of the Defence Forces I was in ...

I was FCA/RDF ... Matter cleared up ...:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Having never been in the FCA, I didn't know you were given one at 7 years. All I knew was I earned mine at 10 and 15 years respectively. :cool::cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement