Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iBood Sat Nav with Traffic Management

Options
  • 07-07-2008 1:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

iBood have this sat nav on sale for the next 24 hours: http://www.ibood.com/site/eu/forum/index.php?action=vthread&forum=1&topic=23242

I wonder is it any good? I wouldn't mind a more up to date sat nav since I drive for a living and having traffic management would be a really useful feature for me. Does anyone know how the traffic updates are transmitted? Is it just a radio station and you have to listen out, or are they inputted live into some program which will then calculate alternative routes based on traffic volumes? Does anyone know will it tell a street has been closed for roadworks and it'll re-route and whatever else with this traffic management?

Any feedback appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Anyone? It's going to expire soon :o

Would love to know how the traffic thing works!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

far as i know the traffic feature doesn't work in Ireland(open to correction) and for roughly the same money you'll get a Garmin 250 or 250w for 50 extra

Ah damn, that's a pity about the traffic feature :(

What would be better about the Garmin models?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

not a whole lot. thats not a bad gps unit. same map tech as garmin and similar features.

too late now anyway :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

I know but if you want to monitor your stress levels when you are lost driving this might just come in handy: http://www.ibood.com/site/eu/ibood.php :p

It's good to get lost sometimes. Traffic is the stress giver though, traffic and overtaking lane hoggers etc etc etc :P

So I'm guessing if the traffic thingy isn't available in Ireland for this, it isn't available for any GPS?

Advertisement