Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

JC Decaux signs - take extra care

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

All just an update - the sign on Lower Rathmines Rd:

Formally known as this...

Image042.jpg

is now....

jkx9tv.jpg

Buh bye!! :D:D:D

Thanks to all who mailed/calledtexted/linked or in anyway expressed outrage to the powers that be...

Keep the pressure up folks....

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭conical

Common sense prevails! (In Rathmines and Dorset St at least!)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

MadsL wrote: »
    All just an update - the sign on Lower Rathmines Rd:

Is that the same guy in the black car still waiting to get out? :pac:

Seems taking down the sign didn't help much..:D

/kidding
    Well done MadsL - keep up the good work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭Pgibson

conical wrote: »
    Common sense prevails! (In Rathmines and Dorset St at least!)

No it doesn't.

The very fact that those energy wasting heaps of rubbish (which exhort us to save energy) exist on our streets in the first place means that common sense has long gone out the window.

Local government in Ireland is simply pathetic.

The contrast between well run and spotlessly clean Reykjavik in Iceland and dirty Dublin is startling... to put it mildly.

taptips.ie seem to think it is good idea to contribute to these "energy wasting heaps of rubbish" by running a 'save water' ads on them.

Ask them to withdraw the campaign

minister@environ.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,683 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Any chance of a site showing the dangerous signs and which ones have been removed. For example, has the original sign which blocked the traffic lights been removed yet, or is it still standing?

I couldn't give a cr*p about the advertising, as long as it's done safely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 FDuff

All just an update - the sign on Lower Rathmines Rd

yeap indeed, they got rid off that junk panel yesterday :P

there's really a bunch of muppets that design/place these panel at some totaly insane, highly unsafe locations.

Latest installment....

There's a new guy in town...Patrick St/Dean St.

wtf.jpg

SMDC0251.jpg

SMDC0253sm.jpg

SMDC0254s.jpg

FILTH.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

bloody hell it is gigantic! The bloody anti litter ads on it are more than a bit ironic.

The people who put up those signs are FILTH.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

hmm i wonder where is the sign they took down in order to put that up, there are a lot less derelict buildings around there to put there billboards on but you can still see some in the second picture, has those signs planning permission

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

its strange how its those local government litter/water signs are the first to go up...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

its strange how its those local governmeent litter/water signs are the first to go up...

It appears the signs have not gone live to general advertisers yet.

Sept 8 apparantly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

The big 'metropoles' were being put up on the Malahide Road last night. I couldn't believe how big they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,425 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

FILTH.jpg

You've made your point and you've made it well, MadsL. Now's the time to rest this thread before extremism sets in though...

• Registered Users Posts: 65,425 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Re-opened. Let's keep it clean, folks...

Thanks Unkle,

For those of you who saw the 'satire' pic I made of these ads - I apologise to the forum and to Unkle for the tone and heavy-handed nature of the 'spoof'.

I'll keep it on topic in future. I fully understood the mod decision to close as a result of the pic and have removed the pic - a good decision to reopen it now it has been removed.
    Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭gibo_ie

The board at the west end of Parnell Street (Outside cineworld) was gone this morning!! :)
    Cobblelock is back in place, this only happened since friday as i walked down here then...
    Hopefully this is one of many which will disappear!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Today was my first time in Dublin since these eyesores were installed. WTF were the authorities thinking? :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

gibo_ie wrote: »
    The board at the west end of Parnell Street (Outside cineworld) was gone this morning!! :)
    Cobblelock is back in place, this only happened since friday as i walked down here then...
    Hopefully this is one of many which will disappear!!
    Can anyone confirm the exact (official) reason why they were removed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭da7a

I saw these articles on the irish times website recently so I thought I'd pass on the link for anyone who's missed them. Sorry if they've been posted somewhere else already...

Advertising space for rental bikes 'a dodgy deal'

Opposition grows against advertising panel plan in return for bike rental

Hopefully these abominations will go the way of the ESB substation lookalikes which used to inhabit Grattan Street Bridge. That took a change of City Architect I believe. I wonder when the City Manager's post is up for review?

Stephen wrote: »
    WTF were the authorities thinking? :mad:

They were not thinking at all.

This IS Ireland after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Wow - idiotic local politics, rampant ignorance, green-eyed greed and capitalistic horse-sh|t all working together to spread chaos and misery, thanks for your post MadsL.

- Has there been any developments since? We def. need a specially trained and deployed Boards.ie Angle Grinder detail :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Im in Killaloe at the moment and just seen a JC Decaux van pull up beside a compurised public jacks in a carpark for about 1/2 an hour carrying out maintenance. There is a bus stop sized add on the front of it. I never new that they were behind these also.

Im in Killaloe at the moment and just seen a JC Decaux van pull up beside a compurised public jacks in a carpark for about 1/2 an hour carrying out maintenance. There is a bus stop sized add on the front of it. I never new that they were behind these also.

Just proves that JC Decaux are a load of S**T.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I've seen these around various parts of the city. They are absolutely hideous. Who can I complain to about these?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I've seen these around various parts of the city. They are absolutely hideous. Who can I complain to about these?
    You could complain to your local politicians but on the assumption that whatever ones you complain about are complying with the terms of the planning agreement, I think sweet FA can be done about them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

JCD are having awful trouble with the scheme in Paris - I wonder how well the bikes will fair in Dublin?

BBC News Article

(also posted in the thread over in Commuting and Transport)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement