Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCC trying to kill us?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Tell all your friends to be careful this weekend while they are out in Dublin. Mail them this link, and ask them to spread the word. Warn your friends and family.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka2xiMQtqFA

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭fitzyshea

You should send that video into DCC and then maybe they might get sense. Excellent post.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I've been out of the country for the last few weeks but I'm delighted to hear these monstrosities are getting another bashing. I appealed decisions on two of these (Summerhill and Newcomen Bridge) to ABP and both my objections (along with those of almost anyone else who had objected) were upheld.
    The whole deal stinks very highly indeed.
    Incidentally, while abroad I saw some of the bigger 'Metropoles' in the flesh and they're hideous.

I've been out of the country for the last few weeks but I'm delighted to hear these monstrosities are getting another bashing. I appealed decisions on two of these (Summerhill and Newcomen Bridge) to ABP and both my objections (along with those of almost anyone else who had objected) were upheld.

Well done (did I meet you at the Oral Hearing?) PM me I'd like to get in touch or email no.to.decaux@gmail.com
    Incidentally, while abroad I saw some of the bigger 'Metropoles' in the flesh and they're hideous.

Cant argue with that - here's what is coming very soon.

metropole.jpg

On Six One news tonight......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Yeah the blind people are having a hard time with them apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

MadsL wrote: »
    Well done (did I meet you at the Oral Hearing?) PM me I'd like to get in touch or email no.to.decaux@gmail.com

Cant argue with that - here's what is coming very soon.

metropole.jpg

That's even worse and how do we know that the representation is anywhere near scale size?!! From what we saw with the smaller ones, the comparison of the representation and the real thing is shocking!

I saw the piece on the 6.01 news yesterday, actually I was nearly expecting yourself to be on it. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

Coming home yesterday I saw the sign at Empire Chinese restaurant in Rathmines was taken down.

Hope the rest of them follow suit.

Great thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭ODS

Dinter wrote: »
    Coming home yesterday I saw the sign at Empire Chinese restaurant in Rathmines was taken down.

Hope the rest of them follow suit.

Great thread.

Wish you were right Dinter. These fugly yokes have been going up over the last number of days:
    MadsL wrote: »
    SMDC0251.jpg

Note the client.

Also note that any of these type of units that were appealed to Bord Pleanala were shot down in flames on grounds of public safety

Sad fact is that many units, such as that above got through Dublin Council planners and was not appealed to the Bord because it would have cost over 30K to appeal the scheme in its whole :mad:

Being erected mostly in working class and disadvantaged neighbourhoods, the whole thing was designed to lock citizens out of exercising their rights in proper commentary... In some places 4 were to be erected within yards of each other, and so it would have cost a local over a grand just for those. I don't see people in Parnell St/ Capel St having a grand to throw at something like that.

Apparently the then Lord Mayor didn't even know of the scheme until after the planning applications were lodged :eek:

Its an outrageous indictment on Dublin City Council - that, and what the blazes is the Gormleys Dept of Environment doing by being the first to hire them up?

The only up side is that as with Rathmines, Dorset St/ Synott St, Im hearing that loads of them are not/ can not be built in the way that was set out in the planning applications... In other words, some are unsafe and non-compliant: Therefore, if people can be vigilant and stick up details about any suspect units on this thread, that would be no bad thing...

As stated earlier in the thread is that dodgy rezonings occurred to get the scheme through - link to secret map and a magazine article on the same is here: http://ireland.archiseek.com/news/2008/000134.html

It all stinks :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I saw one of the big ones on Amiens st., Ridiculous looking!

Advertisement