Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honourable Agreements

Options
  • 07-07-2008 9:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭

I'm a bit pissed about this:

So this group are shouting in trade for a healer for a Kharazan run. I whisper the leader and tell him that I am happy to go (+1900 bonus healing in my full Kharazan gear) but only if I can roll on caster dps gear, because I am a balance druid not a resto druid, though I have full pwnzor healing gear. He tells me that this is perfectly fine, so I join the group, say hi, make my intentions clear and we are off to a good start.

So the curator drops dead, the staff of infinite mysteries drops (yay!), which has a 1% or less drop rate if I remember correctly. A mage rolls and I roll...he gets a 1...I get a 79...They give him the staff because he is a mainspec dps and I'm not...though I won the roll...though I made it clear I was a dps druid not a resto druid...The mage says that the staff benefits the whole group if he gets it, whereas if I get it, it only benefits me?!?!...and?!?!

So when the mage gets it he said "Justice is done" and says thanks to the leader. I just said "ty" in group and hearthstoned to Shattrath and logged.

Losing fair and square I accept, not being able to roll I accept but when i make it so clear and everybody agrees that its ok... :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Same has happened to me for t4 hands and shoulders, and the bow from prince. Always happens because the mage or rogue are best friends of the guild leader. I left my last two guilds on the spot because of this. But oh well, what can you do i suppose?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Froot

I know man. The fact that I won the roll made it all the more ridiculous. I mean as soon as I read Kharazan in the trade channel that exact staff popped up in my head all naked and sexy o.0.

the best I can do is just not play with those people again. I was easily the best player there and I was rewarded with the leader breaking an agreement which was not unrealistic by any means and then expected me to stay in the group after that?!?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Who did the staff benefit more? I know you said that they were ok with you rolling on caster dps gear, but maybe the mage really needed the staff more then you did? Its always going to be the case when a guild takes along a randomer, even if you are the healer. They see a healer healing, and they see a mage dps'ing. So they were always going to give it to the mage. And i'm not saying its right, juts saying thats probably how they saw it.

This happens all the time. I have stopped bothering even trying to get dps gear for my pally in Kara, as there is always someone else who needs it more, even if i have said in advance that i'm there for the dps gear. I'm not some healing bitch...do i look like i want to be celibite?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Dellarocca

As someone who waited and waited and... well you get the drift, I would have been pissed if a druid had gotten that staff over my my lock. Never happened as it only dropped once in all my times there.

That said, if there was an agreement, then you should have gotten it.
    Gear should definitely goes to main spec first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Zarbon

They were in the wrong because they agreed to let you roll for dps gear at the start. I, for one, would be honest and tell you no way. It benefits other people in the group more. But as I said they agreed beforehand....so lets hope they grow an honest bone. Typical kid guilds.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

In fairness, it was the fault of the group for stating that you could roll on it. In reality, mage deserved it more.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

dlofnep wrote: »
    . In reality, mage deserved it more.
    Explain?
    OP is a balance druid i.e. i.e. he's specced towards being a DPS caster.Why should a mage or lock "deserve" this more ?

Isnt the staff more aimed at a Warlock/Mage? I would also be pretty pissed as a mage if a druid got it over me. Its a great dps staff, and a mage is a dps character. Thats pretty much all they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I dont understand you how you call it a warlock/mage staff? Its a dps caster staff. You cant fault anyone from wanting it, especially when its made clear earlier that the druid would be bidding on it.

Seems a clear case of skullduggery. Just dont go next time imho, that'll learn em!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Froot

Kiith wrote: »
    Isnt the staff more aimed at a Warlock/Mage? I would also be pretty pissed as a mage if a druid got it over me. Its a great dps staff, and a mage is a dps character. Thats pretty much all they do.

Yeah and of course a balance (aka moonkin) druid isnt solely dps when they have 99% of their talents in balance... :rolleyes:

the issue is that there was an agreement which i reinforced three times, I also even rolled on the item and won the roll but the mage said "main spec only"... He then asked me when i respecced resto, to which i replied "last night" which was 100% true...he then said "armory tells me different"...

I don't care about the item itself but if i go and win a roll and someone isn't happy and complains and then they bend to his will then what's the f*cking point in rolling anyway? Why not just put it on free for all and let everyone do their own thing.

If the staff was the exact same but said "gives +5 dmg to your pyroblast spell" then I would let the mage take it, but this blatant stupidity towards druids not just being feral is a bit lame to be honest, that staff would benefit my healing, dps and at a pinch my feral dps if i put a relevant enchant on it. But of course because im not a cloth wearing mana monkey I cant have it...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Kiith wrote: »
    ? I would also be pretty pissed as a mage if a druid got it over me. Its a great dps staff, and a mage is a dps character. Thats pretty much all they do.
    hey ! I thought they were just walking food and water generators? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Think the lesson here is don't do Kara with groups you don't know. You didn't say if it was a guild run or a pug run but if it was the case of it being a guild run the leader is generally going to give to a guild member over a non guild member.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Thats a really good staff for boomkins.

Tbh its a case of bait and switch. They were desperate for a healer so they can get their epics, as soon as the epics drop you were out of the picture.

LOL @ "Justice is done", is it a RP server or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

That is bul**** OP, you were totally in the right. PUG Karas ftl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭matthew26

I don't get why the mage mentioned "Justice is done". Was that a taunt or something? I'd be pretty pissed if I saw that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

People should only be able to roll on stuff against people for the spec they are *in the raid* imo

I mean, I was a Prot paladin sometimes in kara, when healing gear dropped i didnt roll against someone who was there healing, similar when i was healing i didnt roll against someone tanking when some tanking plate dropped..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

DRakE wrote: »
    People should only be able to roll on stuff against people for the spec they are *in the raid* imo

I mean, I was a Prot paladin sometimes in kara, when healing gear dropped i didnt roll against someone who was there healing, similar when i was healing i didnt roll against someone tanking when some tanking plate dropped..

Except by the OPs own words, he was restokin...

And where does that leave people who respec just to perform a role in a raid?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

the group were obviously w4nkers, the op made it clear before the start that the only reason he was going was with the understanding that he could roll for that gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Any mage or lock rolling on that staff is a twat anyway. The 1h/OffHand combo available from badges/Prince is far superior.

Besides, the druid won the the roll. Case closed.

Reminds me of this : :D

(In short - Sunfire robe drops in a Sunwell pug and drama ensues)

Edit: NSFW (Audio only)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_23ENznBgU - Part 1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUxFZoVxWzE&feature=related Part 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ufNrFbulCs&feature=related Part 3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Obviously the guy who told you it was fine for you to roll on dps gear just said what you needed to hear so he could get his raid going. To say it straight, he is a dickhead!

I totally agree with people saying just dont PuG kara runs but i guess not everyone can be in a guild that just farms the place in 2 hours for badges so they might have to PuG if they wanna do the place. Personally i would prefer to live in PVP grinding that PUG a kara run again.

• Advertisement

Mena wrote: »

That **** seriously makes me want to bash my head against the desk :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

But like people said here pug groups anything goes. And if you pug but with more people from one guild then others. And the LM might be part of that group also his/she is going to look after their own before none guild people. It just sucks they would honor what they said they would at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,338 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Any mage or lock rolling on that staff is a twat anyway. The 1h/OffHand combo available from badges/Prince is far superior.

Even the Merciless Arena 1H with a good offhand is a better option. I've got it with the Netherspite Jewel of something something.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Ivan wrote: »
    Except by the OPs own words, he was restokin...

And where does that leave people who respec just to perform a role in a raid?
    Means they're fupped.

Either they stay that spec or pick offspec stuff up when its not wanted.. or pvp for your offspec stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

the agreement before the run started was that he could roll on dps stuff. He rolled and won and didnt get the item. He got f^cked.

As someone else said, that mage was an arsehole, the staff is a useless item compared to the prince MH and an oh.

and ROOOOOOOOOFL at the tailoring drama:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Besides, the druid won the the roll. Case closed.

Bull****. You said tailors!.... repeated ad naseum.

rofl though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Dellarocca

Did people actually listen to all 3 parts. Must have nothing to do :)

Got about 3 minutes into the first part and got the gist. Amazes me that people can PUG the sunwell already though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Listened to about 3 mins of the first part and couldn't take anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

you should of kept your cool till you got to a boss fight then hearthed out mid fight then spam something like "thanks for the money suckaz" in party chat.

• Advertisement
Advertisement