Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Petrol for 129.9 in Longford

Options
  • 07-07-2008 9:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭

Just a heads-up for anyone around the Midlands, Corrib Oil on the Strokestown Rd. are selling discounted fuel. There is no canopy, no shop just a pump and a portakabin.

It's just outside Longford town on the Strokestown Rd.

I know this technically belongs in Bargain Alerts but thought I'd give the Motors heads a nod first.:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭ro1798

same on the castlebridge road in wexford...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

I bought it in BallyHooly co Cork ( I think ) for 128.9 on Saturday. Needless to say I filled it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

129.9 at the Top Oil depot in Kilkenny too. They only open 9-5 Mon-Fri and 9-1 on Saturday though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭vectra

RobAMerc wrote: »
    I bought it in BallyHooly co Cork ( I think ) for 128.9 on Saturday. Needless to say I filled it up.

What oil is that? Amber?
    How much was the Diesel ? I only live 5 miles from there and might be worth a trip to fill up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

vectra wrote: »
    What oil is that? Amber?
    How much was the Diesel ? I only live 5 miles from there and might be worth a trip to fill up :D

Yes - Amber I think. Sorry - didn't look at the diesel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Reminds me, diesel was 139.9 at the place in Longford.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭vectra

RobAMerc wrote: »
    Yes - Amber I think. Sorry - didn't look at the diesel.

:rolleyes:
    Tried Amber Petrol and Diesel before.. Waste of money. Check you MPG and compare it with other "Dearer" Brands ;)

I found the Dearer brands actually ended up cheaper as I got better MPG from them :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CtrlSource

Guys, you should post these prices up on www.pumps.ie

It's a handy site, as long as people keep updating it...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

About a week ago, i saw petrol for 1.27.9 at the new AppleGreen sevice station in Ballincollig in Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

Saw petrol today at 1.37.9 in templeouge village.....Oh dear my custom to my usual garage has gone after seeing that..

I got the petrol somewhere else at 130.9 which was worth me driving the extra mile to come across...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭orbital83

Zonda999 wrote: »
    About a week ago, i saw petrol for 1.27.9 at the new AppleGreen sevice station in Ballincollig in Cork

Beware - you might have to buy a car wash to qualify for that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

I found the Dearer brands actually ended up cheaper as I got better MPG from them cool.gif

You should try Rathdrum in Wicklow for your diesel then. It's advertised at 191.9!!! That should keep you going forever.

Advertisement