Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Migrate user accounts from one machine to another

• 07-07-2008 9:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭

Scenario:

40 or local user accounts on Machine1 that need to be recreated including same passwords onto a new machine Machine2

I have a WSS installation that I am upgrading from 2.0 to 3.0... I have migrated the database to a database server and now I am told that there are a number of local accounts that need to be migrated too..

Within WSS I can migrate them ok, its the issue of the passwords as these accounts are for external users. Some of the accounts were created on the domain others on the local machine for some reason.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Ginger wrote: »
    Scenario:

40 or local user accounts on Machine1 that need to be recreated including same passwords onto a new machine Machine2

I have a WSS installation that I am upgrading from 2.0 to 3.0... I have migrated the database to a database server and now I am told that there are a number of local accounts that need to be migrated too..

Within WSS I can migrate them ok, its the issue of the passwords as these accounts are for external users. Some of the accounts were created on the domain others on the local machine for some reason.

Any ideas?

some were created on domain some are local but they will all be local now? or?

for domain accounts maybe ADMT?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

i know this probably wont work, but have you tried the "Files and Settings Transfer Wizard"

%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\usmt\migwiz.exe

cant say i've ever used it, but it might just work.

Failing that ADMT would be my best guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Its not the Docs/Profiles I am looking for but the actual user login and password migrated to another machine

I think there would be issues with SIDs tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Ginger wrote: »
    Its not the Docs/Profiles I am looking for but the actual user login and password migrated to another machine

I think there would be issues with SIDs tho

I'd imagine so, one of those sid changers might do the job if it's a fresh box they're moving to

Advertisement