Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st management job

Options
  • 07-07-2008 10:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I've recently been offered a very good job in IT management, for an established Co. I do not have any formal training apart from a project management diploma from a few years back, but have a lot of experience. I will be hiring external service providers for all and everything (desktops, phone systems etc)

I'm on three months probation, how can I ensure this goes smoothly and what would the company directors expect to see from me for the first couple of weeks/months.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

You should maintain a dialogue with them and see what kind of implementation they are looking for? Take stock of the business requirements and processes you could improve or speed up for yourself?
    What was the diploma out of interest? I am looking for something like this meself y'see.
    Good luck with the new job!

Advertisement