Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do radio presenters require a lobotomy?

• 07-07-2008 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Is it one of the terms of employment? Particularly morning presenters. 98fm and Q102 have tha greatest eejits on their breakfast shows. The level of intelleigence doesn't seem to rise much throughout the day. And, bad and all as Colm and Jim Jim are, who in God's name are the morons presenting the 2fm breakfast show at the moment? Surely RTE can do better than this, though given past form, I doubt it.
    I don't tend to lose my patience generally, but when I have the radio on in the car, I find myself constantly cursing at it when these presenters are filling in between the music with their 'amusing' texts and anecdotes...
    I know i could do so much better. Who do I contact about the job?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Paddy P

Your post did make me smile. I know what your getting at. The inane natter and endless nonsense djs use to fill airtime can be, well, a bit sh*t really, at the best of times. I think less is more, and less likely to make me switch stations or quickly turn on cd/mp3 player. The problem is they are told to talk here, and there, and plan what they do (yes, they actually plan where they're going to talk the sh*te), and this particular moment is where they'll do 'feature x' or that time they'll do 'feature' y, etc..So once they commit to having a little on air chat/mindless babble, and because it's not scripted word by word, what comes out depends on what state of mind the presenter is in, how good they are at talking/articulating, or how confident they are. Sometimes confidence far out weighs actual ability/talent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Singer73 wrote: »
    And, bad and all as Colm and Jim Jim are, who in God's name are the morons presenting the 2fm breakfast show at the moment?

If you have a look at the 'Who are Aidan and Paddy' thread on here, one of the presenters contributed to it. I'm sure he'd love to read what you think of him. He's a human, surely he would not take offence? or would he?
    Singer73 wrote: »
    I know i could do so much better. Who do I contact about the job?

Please post to let us know when/where you start... God knows, I could do with a laugh.

I'm sure he'd love to read what you think of him. He's a human, surely he would not take offence? or would he?

Hundreds of presenters have comments posted about them and their presenting. It's not personal.This a PUBLIC FORUM for debate and discussion??!!!

post to let us know when/where you start... God knows, I could do with a laugh.

An incredibly poor attempt at a retort/put down. For all you know they might be the next global superstar :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Paddy P wrote: »
    Hundreds of presenters have comments posted about them and their presenting. It's not personal.This a PUBLIC FORUM for debate and discussion??!!!

Moron = Not Personal?

Moron = debate & discussion?

How do you come to that conclusion?

Moron = Not Personal?

Moron = debate & discussion?

I'm not sure about your mathematical equation :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

If you listen to the show you would establish pretty quickly what the names of the presenters are. And then, assuming no lobotomy, you would see a thread about them on here. Simple equation really.

Ok, I apologise. I was making a general statement, but forgot the main body of the original comment was about the 2 lads, and I also went off on a bit of an unfair rant, which I regret.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

If you have a look at the 'Who are Aidan and Paddy' thread on here, one of the presenters contributed to it. I'm sure he'd love to read what you think of him. He's a human, surely he would not take offence? or would he?
    Yes there is the human side of compassion but anybody dealing with the public in an artistic manner is wide open to criticism, like it or not.

A chef can have his cooking lambasted by a restaurant reviewer, a musician could be slated for a performance and equally a TV or radio presenter can also be 'critiqued' by the public and will be. The grim reality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭Pgibson

Anybody who listens to those two radio stations long enough in the mornings to recognise that the dee jays have had frontal lobotomies themselves do not need frontal lobotomies.

Nature has already frontally lobotomised the brain dead people who listen to those stations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Please post to let us know when/where you start... God knows, I could do with a laugh.
    What's that sh1t in aid of? If the OP can identify that a lot of radio presenters are bland as hell (which they are) then the OP already sounds good to me...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭Pgibson

On a more serious note...you really can say something about a person's brain when you analyse their radio listening.

In Britain it has been proved that adult people who listen BBC Radio 4 are on average 21 IQ points higher up on the intellect scale than adults who listen to BBC Radio 1.

As I said, nature has already frontally lobotomised people who listen to some radio stations.

"Athnionn kierog kierog eile".

Advertisement