Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skips on road

Options
  • 07-07-2008 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

do you need pp for putting a skip on the road in an estate?

a neighbour has dropped a big phuck off skip right on the street and in the process has marked the road tarmac... not one of the baby ones either...its a big one

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Ah come on, don't get so narky, he's probably doing a clean out or an extension or something and he needs the skip to take waste away. Sure it can only be there for a week or 2 at the most. Do you have a disagreement with him or somethin that you want to make a compalint about him. What ever happened to getting on with your neighbours????

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

reilig wrote: »
    Ah come on, don't get so narky, he's probably doing a clean out or an extension or something and he needs the skip to take waste away. Sure it can only be there for a week or 2 at the most. Do you have a disagreement with him or somethin that you want to make a compalint about him. What ever happened to getting on with your neighbours????

when it blocks my entry exit to my drive for me to reverse in & out of then its a nuisance....plus whats wrong with putting it in their drive?

Its not a baby skip...its one of the big roll off ones....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Is it blocking it so much that you can't access your drive or that it's just a bit trickier to get in?

cormie wrote: »
    Is it blocking it so much that you can't access your drive or that it's just a bit trickier to get in?

the latter

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

afaik if it's a private estate they dont need permission but at the same time if it's causeing an obstruction to traffic/pedestrians they cant be doing that. It'll probably be there a week no more and would it be worth it to p!ss him off think of the long run. A neighbour of mine is like that and noone really talks to them. every one to there own and all that.

• Advertisement

looks like it'll be there for about 4 weeks....:rolleyes:

you don't fill something that big overnight (I'll give it a go though)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

At least you'll get to practice you're reversing skills ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

and any rubbish you need to get rid of.... in to the skip it goes;);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 nb1967

and don't forget to tell all your friends too where they can dump their junk for the next couple of weeks :pac:

Advertisement