Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inspiration needed.....

Options
  • 07-07-2008 11:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭

Well getting a new tattoo soon, I know the jist of what I want but not exactly. ("A very 'Irish' phrase" I hear you say). Just wondering are there any good links to tribal/biomech stuff. Especially for the shoulder/back area.

I thank you....

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Thanks a mil for the prompt reply. Looking to steer clear from Giger stuff though (as good as it is!). Any other recommendations? (I don't like choosing from flash.....)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

If it's not Giger-esque stuff you're after (although he's generally regarded as doing the best bio-mech stuff), what kind of style are you thinking of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

http://www.bmezine.com/tattoo/mech001.html

Bio mech galleries there for ya. There's also organic bio-mech which is basically lots of colour. I wouldn't know who to recommend for standard bio-mech but organic bio-mech maybe the lads in colour works in temple bar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

phil in celestrial ring stephens green specializes in tribal and biomech, id recommend this guy if thats what your looking for.

I'm currently getting a giger backpeice done by him :D

Google Guy aitchison, he does some interesting colour biomech.

• Advertisement

Ooh, I leave for a day and look what happens. Many thanks, really appreciate the input. (IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINPUT!)

While I do like Gigers' art I find it hard to picture it on anywhere else but a canvas. I'm unsure about putting his work on my body. S'pose I'll just cave and get something from him eventually :D

chin_grin wrote: »
    While I do like Gigers' art I find it hard to picture it on anywhere else but a canvas.

Or creeping menacingly down a ventilation shaft and mutilating the entire crew of a spaceship... ;)

Or creeping menacingly down a ventilation shaft and mutilating the entire crew of a spaceship...

Ah, touché.

Or creeping menacingly down a ventilation shaft and mutilating the entire crew of a spaceship... ;)

The Von Braun !!!!

vangoz wrote: »
    The Von Braun !!!!
    Eh? Lost me now...

• Advertisement

Eh? Lost me now...

Just reminded me of ol classic PC game :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System_Shock_2

Advertisement