Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Splitting folder windows

• 07-07-2008 11:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

years upon years ago I used Suse on a pc at home, and it had a feature i loved where you could split the folder window into multible segments and have different folder locations in each one, very useful for copying files and the like.

Does any one know if i can get this on ubuntu? Even if you could tell me its name i might be able to find it myself.

BTW Acer Grid Vista does something similar on windows.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

It was probably konquerer that you used before on Suse.

Though Krusader or gmc are alternatives.
    And on the console, mc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

You could use Gnome Commander, it should be in the repositories I think. Its a two panel file manager and pretty easy to use, I used it for a while in gnome but now switched to KDE and use Konqueror which kicks ass

Advertisement