Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beamish Red

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Absolutely gutted that I never got to try this.
    People not drinking it is the reason it's been withdrawn :)

But there's probably a supply out there still if you look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭ArmCandyBaby

I thought I had been doing my bit by gulping down regular Beamish recently to the disdain of my company. I think the moments past - there's not much fun drinking it alone through stale taps. Must keep my head on a swivel in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭yknaa

There is an article in today's Examiner about the Oval Pub in Cork is selling the last few kegs of it. Shame.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

yknaa wrote: »
    There is an article in today's Examiner about the Oval Pub in Cork is selling the last few kegs of it. Shame.

thats a right ****in pain in the hole, I've done my bit since I've moved to cork anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

I wasn't planning on being in Cork before easter; I assumed it might last that long. Obviously not.

• Advertisement

noby wrote: »
    I wasn't planning on being in Cork before easter; I assumed it might last that long. Obviously not.

Well if you live in "fungarvan" you haven't got far to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

True. I've no excuse really. I must check my diary (says he, pretending he owns a diary).

If only I could pick up a stock of it - I like it - I don't even love it but it's just pissing me off no end that it's gone, done, finished.

Start stocking up on Macardle's, I'd say: it's next.

Silver Lining Alert:
    The end of Beamish Red has prompted several Cork city pubs to start stocking Rebel Red as a replacement. It's now on sale in Bru on MacCurtain Street, The Long Valley on Winthrop Street and An Spailpín Fánac on South Main Street.

No more Dutch-owned red ale; have a proper Irish one instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭dats_right

It is with a great sense of regret that I learn of the passing of Beamish Red. I was given a free sample by a barman in the Flowing Tide in Abbey Street about three years ago and quite often enjoyed a pint of it, instead of my usual Guinness, in any pub that I'd see it being served.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Great news BeerNut, this could be a nice little niche for Irish micro's to take advantage of

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Wallacebiy

Heineken are indeed pulling the plug on Beamish Red

Very sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Uncle Arthur

really sickened to hear about beamish red, loved having it whenever i was in cork. could never seem to find it anywhere else on tap! i will have to try and keep beamish afloat now by having that as my stout of choice from now on!

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭manc

lego wrote: »
    Nooooooo!!!!

Are any of these places still selling it of have they ran out too?:

Salmon Leap (Leixlip)

served last one a couple of weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 medias

I just see from wikipedia that Beamish Red is no longer being made. I have a friend over that has been looking forward to trying it!

Anyone know anywhere that it might still be got (Cans/bottles or whatever!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

medias wrote: »
    I just see from wikipedia that Beamish Red is no longer being made. I have a friend over that has been looking forward to trying it!

Anyone know anywhere that it might still be got (Cans/bottles or whatever!)
    You just answered your own question - it's no longer being produced

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Philush

We ve Murphys red in the place I work at the mo.last few barrels. Novelty as its normally only for export. Lovely creamy head and nice kick off it.

Advertisement