Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 3g broadband - Roaming?

Options
  • 07-07-2008 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Found out the hard way when in the UK last week that roaming wasn't setup on my O2 3g dongle - Totally my own fault. I just took for granted it may have been set-up since my friends Vodafone was able to roam and he never informed anyone.

Anyhow, how do I go about this? Do I need to ring O2 or can I do it online?
    Does anyone know if there's any additional charges for roaming? I'm on a 12month contract plan paying by DD

Thanks all

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

afaik when your buying it in the shop they ask you will you need it for roaming

why dont u just ring there customer helpline?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

nuxxx wrote: »
    afaik when your buying it in the shop they ask you will you need it for roaming

why dont u just ring there customer helpline?

Never asked me when buying it :(

I am gonna ring the customer helpline at lunch thanks for the tip - Was just asking here too incase anyone knew

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

WOAH! :eek:

Think i'll give the roaming a miss!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭niallb

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Hi all,
    ........ my friends Vodafone was able to roam and he never informed anyone.....
    Thanks all

Has he got his bill yet?
    It's a very bad idea to use a mobile data service without explaining exactly
    what you intend to do to your operator. You should also be sure that your
    modem only selects a network manually, and not automatically, as charges
    on a random network are likely to be pretty random too.

I'm just back from two weeks in the UK, and Vodafone told me before I left
    that my 3G modem would not be usable in the UK without paying an extra 70 euro
    a billing month before I left. It would work alright, but at shocking roaming data rates
    even on Vodafone UK. Even with that 70 euro international addon, the data cap was tiny.
    Maybe this information is out of date?

I brought a 3 Ireland pay as you go mobile instead, and had pretty good access on 3 UK
    for a tenner a week. I wouldn't want to be roaming on a billpay data card unless I was certain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

ouch that rate/price is seriously hefty..

btw does any1 no vodafones policy if you go over the 5 gig cap?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

nuxxx wrote: »
    ouch that rate/price is seriously hefty..

btw does any1 no vodafones policy if you go over the 5 gig cap?

As far as I know, they charge a per MB fee. Not sure of the charge, should be on the website, but I'm sure they do enforce it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

0.02 or 0.05 afaik

Advertisement