Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT on newly registered car

Options
  • 07-07-2008 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭

I imported and VRT'd a car last thursday and immediately taxed it online. Just wondering how long it usually takes to show up on the NCT database - i'm typing in my reg and registration date (original reg date obviously) and it still isn't showing up...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

It won't show up in the NCT database until you take the registration document to your local NCT centre and it is manually entered onto their system.

You will need to wait until the registration cert arrives first.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I think you actually have to call into them with the documents to get it on the database.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

Cheers.

Any idea how long it usually takes to get the reg. cert back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

or how long the wait for an NCT is at present?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

A week to 10 days for the reg cert.

As for NCT waits it depends on where you go. Some places you can't get a test in 6 weeks others can you can get a test within a week. Just depends on location.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

U'll be waitin awhile if ur in limerick, they;re packed out with people. As for anywhere else i don't know.

Advertisement