Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible to connect to other 3g Network?

Options
  • 07-07-2008 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Sorry for starting 2 threads within a half hour of each other! Basicly I have 02 Broadband and i'm happy with it. Except there's one place where I can only get 2g (EDGE) coverage - It's fine and does the trick (emails etc) but I just noticed that Vodafone has 3g coverage in the exact same location. Would it be possible to connect to the Vodafone 3g coverage, just like you can with your mobile phone coverage? (I sometimes switch over from Meteor to Vodafone - I know there's an agreement between the companies though) - Or is this the most stupid question ever asked in ths history of borards.ie ? :p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

no its not possible unless you have a account with vodafone!

tried itmyself many a time

i found the vodaphone 3G service much
    better than the O2 or 3 offerings!

btw heres a question for u :P
    would irc poker and a odd download go over 5gb a month on mobile BB?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I'd doubt it. I only went with 02 because of the 10gb limit. I'd happily swap over to Vodafone for the better coverage and 5gb download as i'd only be using the dongle on the boat at the weekends :( Of course my trial period is over so i'm stuck with it now :( Oh well not the end of the world. Pitty that the O2 3g dongle doesn't have the option of installing an external antenna

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

i found it incredibly poor to pickup a signal even for 2g or edge

best i cud ever get was google to load and that was in dublin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

I can get EDGE fine in the middle of nowhere :-)

Advertisement