Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a good quality disc lock

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Hi there,
    http://www.gekgo.com/images/krypto-round-padlock.jpg

Basically I'm looking for good quality of the above but haven't a clue where I might get them in Galway.

I haven't seen Kryptonite brand myself in Galway, iv'e always got mine from the UK. Im sure you can get decent quality down in the locksmith beside the Crane Bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

padi89 wrote: »
    I haven't seen Kryptonite brand myself in Galway, iv'e always got mine from the UK. Im sure you can get decent quality down in the locksmith beside the Crane Bar.

I'm not even sure if Kryptonite is a good brand. I was just using the picture to illustrate the design of the lock.

Where's the crane bar and can you recommend any specific brand?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭renmorescout

Colleran Locksmiths are the guys to sort you out. As padi89 said, they are behind the Crane Bar, Beside the Bell, Book and Candle Bookshop.
    If you go past the Roisin Dubh Bar, turn left, heading towards the Jes church,
    the Crane bar is about 200meters from the turn, and the shop is in the small square.Ask anyone and they will point you in right direction.
    If you look up "Small Crane Galway on google maps, it will show the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I'd have to recommend Collerans too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

I'm not even sure if Kryptonite is a good brand. I was just using the picture to illustrate the design of the lock.

Oh OK, i think ABUS is also a good brand.Kryptonite are very good but i only have experience with their U and cable locks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

padi89 wrote: »
    Oh OK, i think ABUS is also a good brand.Kryptonite are very good but i only have experience with their U and cable locks.

Yeah upon further research it's an abus I'm gonna get.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Advertisement