Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Demanding is the Sean kelly Tour

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

Well, I signed up on the 9th (online) and still no pack, although I did get a mail from them today saying that it would be arriving soon and would I like to do an online survey. I said 'what the hell' (anything for a chance at a €100 voucher!) and they asked me loads of questions about how far I walk each week and if I sweat when I'm doing the gardening!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Chris Peak

Well, I signed up on the 9th (online) and still no pack, although I did get a mail from them today saying that it would be arriving soon and would I like to do an online survey. I said 'what the hell' (anything for a chance at a €100 voucher!) and they asked me loads of questions about how far I walk each week and if I sweat when I'm doing the gardening!

I finally got my pack yesterday – after 4 phone calls. 2 of which were answer machine messages not replied to.

The guy down there told me there was a delay because the questionnaire people wanted to change the wording in some of the questions. They’ve done this, and the forms have been lying on his desk all week. He told me he wants to get a few more entries together before sending them ALL off in one go! I hope this makes sense to other people, because it doesn’t to me. :confused:
    P.M me and I’ll tell you who to talk to.

In the pack, along with the tourist bumf, you get the map of your chosen route, the questionnaire and a sponsorship card.

On the questionnaire, they ask for your name, address and MOTHERS MAIDEN NAME!
    As this is often used in banking and in other security protocols, I’d strongly suggest that you don’t give this to them. You have no idea what happens to the forms when finished with, and who has access to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Beached

whats the deal with Sponsorship forms,
    I thought It was just a case of pay your 30 euro entrance fee, and away you go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Chris Peak

Beached wrote: »
    whats the deal with Sponsorship forms,
    I thought It was just a case of pay your 30 euro entrance fee, and away you go

The nominated charity is The National Council for the Blind Ireland (NCBI).

You don’t have to raise money for them to do this event. Just pay your entrance fee. Some people do so as a motivational tool so they don’t find an excuse to pull out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

Hooray! Got my pack today. Time to start training for those mountains now:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

I might get stuck for marshalling this (our club is involved in the organisation), or I might have to do the 100 with the better half, failing that its the 160 for me. Either way, I will be around that weekend and MIGHT have 2-3 spare rooms if anyone from boards needs a place to crash (actual no of rooms depends on some other folks who might show up).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    I might get stuck for marshalling this (our club is involved in the organisation), or I might have to do the 100 with the better half, failing that its the 160 for me. Either way, I will be around that weekend and MIGHT have 2-3 spare rooms if anyone from boards needs a place to crash (actual no of rooms depends on some other folks who might show up).

I may well take you up on that offer if it's ok -have left things very late in getting organised, and rooms are running out down there it seems!

Advertisement