Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Selling a car query

Options
  • 07-07-2008 1:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭

Hey All,

Currently trying to sell my car.

Im wondering does anyone know any dealers that would just buy a car without doing a trade in?

I have the number for one place between finglas and Ashbourne, Hogans Garage, just wondering does anyone know any others?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

In the current market I don't think you'll get anyone to buy your vehicle into stock.

That being said there's always a price at which they'd be mad not to buy it from you, but at that level you'd probably be mad to sell it to them...

How desperate are you to sell the car?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

All of them can buy stock, but do not expect an even near competitive value.

All of them can buy stock

Not anymore, we wouldn't buy anything into stock at the moment and I know of some dealers who aren't even taking trade-ins until they can get their used stock under control!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I said "can" not "will" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

I think you'd be mad to sell directly to the garage unless you were really desperate to get rid of it. You'd be better off trying to sell it privately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

You'd sell it for more and probably a lot easier on carzone. Just clean it up, take plenty of good pics, give a good description and price it lower than the competition. It should sell easily enough.

I sold a '98 Golf with 110k on it for alright money there last week and i'm convinced that it was the quality of the ad that sold it.

I said "can" not "will" :D

Touche :)

Ferris wrote: »
    You'd sell it for more and probably a lot easier on carzone. Just clean it up, take plenty of good pics, give a good description and price it lower than the competition. It should sell easily enough.

I sold a '98 Golf with 110k on it for alright money there last week and i'm convinced that it was the quality of the ad that sold it.

And when you have your ad done, post the link here and you'll get some good advise about your photos/text.

AudiChris wrote: »
    And when you have your ad done, post the link here and you'll get some good advise about your photos/text.

Good advice, you can edit carzone ads easily.

Heres the ad I used:

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Volk...T-TDi/1102243/

Note that the car was clean in the pics and there's a lot of detail in the description.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭*Dallas

thanks for the advice!

am sorta in a hurray to sell it.. trying to get a mortage so i have to get rid of the outstanding loan :(

will try carzone

thanks again!!

Ferris wrote: »
    Good advice, you can edit carzone ads easily.

Heres the ad I used:

http://www.carzone.ie/my/index.cfm?fuseaction=ad.review&carID=1102243

Note that the car was clean in the pics and there's a lot of detail in the description.

Your link brings me to a login screen. Is this the car?
    http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Volkswagen/Golf/GT-TDi/1102243/

Good example of an ad alright!

• Advertisement

Thats the one alright, pics sold the car to be honest. Basically anything to make the car stand out form the rest, as i'm sure you know.

OP make sure you mention any nice extra's or features that your car has, Leather seats for example. It only took a week to sell my car by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

Dude you will be raped selling your car to a garage that way. I've been there done that and told the garages to get on their bike with the prices we were offered for our old 99 Merc A140...

Sell private...Unless you have collectors at your doorstep and need your knees intact.:cool:

mondeo wrote: »
    Dude

Link in OP's sig points to debbiedunne.com, you sure they're a dude?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Not a hope of a dealer buying it off you in the current depressed market unless it is really something rare and in high demand. Even at that they will not give you near it's market value.

Dealers have enough trouble trying to sell their existing stock at the moment.

Advertisement