Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of Painter

Options
  • 07-07-2008 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Looking to get some painting done in the house and got a price of €175 per day. He said it will take three day to finish....is this a good price ??

Cheers

Gaz

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

For cash? Or is he/she tax compliant and VAT registered?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

This was for cash off the books, but he is very busy so im thinking about going elsewhere, but I just need to know what price im looking at. If the 175 is a good deal...ill wait the few weeks for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭charlesD

How big of an area is he painting? How long is he working? That seems pretty high to me, but i guess it depends on how much he gets accomplished. I know a few painters and they usually charge by the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

While the price is ok I wouldnt pay by the day. Its asking for trouble. tell him you will pay 175*3=525 and you will be happy for him to be out in 3 days or less. Otherwise its gonna take longer and you are going to be annoyed to be paying more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Oh yeah also where in the country are you? If it's in Dublin then like anything else you can expect higher rates.

TBH for cash work that's pretty high (I can just about ask for 200 including VAT, and still have to pay tax and overheads from that)...and in all fairness if he's any good he should be giving you an "all-in" price for the work being undertaken, unless it's something hairy like stripping wallpaper or something else that involves a lot of prep that they're unwilling to commit to (but have explained why it's like that).
    If it's just straight walls/ceilings, some woodwork or doors, run of the mill crap like that, then I'd be looking for a price for the lot and then he can take as long as likes...

• Advertisement
Advertisement