Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just got a €750 bill from 3 [moved]

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

screw 3, they sent me a 4 figure bill last year , i was using the useless pile of shyte MY3 to monitor my usage, of course it was all wrong spending they were giving me back. end up getting a huge bill.

three can take a hike as far as im concerned, just dont bother paying the bills sfa they can do.

just move to a normal network , problem solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,195 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

just dont bother paying the bills sfa they can do.

Does that not go against your credit rating?:confused:

DM thinks about getting a 3G iphone on 02 and taking 3mts in australia:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

sturgo wrote: »
    Thanks for all the replies...

A few points. I couldn't access "My 3" to check my balance because my mobile baroaband hasn't worked in the past 4 months despite, numerous calls, emails, and a formal letter of complaint to 3 on this issue.

I used the €200 cap as a means of managing my bill. When you get to about €180 3 send you a text advising that you are nearing your credit limit. This is when I would usually stop using the phone. I had been travalling for 3 months.

I almost always made sure I was on the 3 network when I made / recieved calls.

S.

If you did then you would have been benefiting from '3 Like Home' and that's all about it. You would never have incurred a bill like this otherwise unless you were constantly phoning Australian mobiles (not included) or phoning Hanoi/Saigon/Tokyo etc (not included).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Ok Before Ah Watch and Walkman tear each other apart....:rolleyes:

ye sorry walkman:)

Ah-Watch wrote: »

ahh that's so sweet, she will be impressed;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Ah-Watch wrote: »

Me too (im welling up here) ;-). Ps drunkmonkey im a man not a woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Does that not go against your credit rating?:confused:

Nope , you don't have a credit rating in ireland ... .just the banks keeping track of if you paid back loans on schedule...

jhegarty wrote: »
    Nope , you don't have a credit rating in ireland ... .just the banks keeping track of if you paid back loans on schedule...

Is that fact? So you can only get a bad credit rating in Ireland by no paying back the banks, no other company matters?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Is that fact? So you can only get a bad credit rating in Ireland by no paying back the banks, no other company matters?

Thats pretty much it

http://www.icb.ie/credit_rating.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Ah-Here i am not Ah-Wtch!

other people have had serious issues ongoing with three for several months without remedy by three so it is no surprise the op was without service of some kind for 4 months!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

A. Mobiles are Expensive

B. If abroad buy a sim from a local provider, I always do this as your Home provider will screw you on local calls. The sim usually only costs between 5 and 10 euro with some free credit anyway.

C. To use a foreign Network provider for a full month in Australia was just stupid. Of course its always going to be more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

craichoe wrote: »
    B. If abroad buy a sim from a local provider, I always do this as your Home provider will screw you on local calls. The sim usually only costs between 5 and 10 euro with some free credit anyway.
    Assuming your phone isn't sim-locked.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Couple of points. I use my 3 phone roaming in the uk, and they count the calls from my prepaid minutes. Even when Ive gone over the 50% allowance for UK calls here, they tend not to notice. Yet. But once you do go over, yes it gets madly expensive in comparison to the prepaid price.

On my fifth month with them, they suddenly cut off my phone as I had gone over my credit limit. Problem is not that I dont pay, its DD, but the amount owing on the previous bills and current spend crept over the limit. I got one text saying I was close to the limit, but I got that every month and thought it was a mistaken thing sent to everyone, and as its DD I didnt worry. Then, bam, next day no phone. Cue a very irate call to them to up my limit, which I didnt even know was in place! This was not in a three month lead in or anything, according to Customer Care, it seems standard practice. So why they let the OP rack up such a bill surprises me.

I havent had many problems with them and my bills are half what they were with o2 for similar usage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

MOH wrote: »
    Assuming your phone isn't sim-locked.

In that case you can either:

A. Ring your provider and get it unlockedif possible
    B. Borrow a phone off a mate, theres more mobile phones in Ireland now than there is people
    C. Buy the cheapest nokia pos you can find. My local supermarket was selling a Nokia with 20 euros of credit for 35 euro, still a hell of a lot cheaper than 750 euro, especially for a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

OP - have you asked Three to prove what networks you were roaming onto while you were in Australia (I presume they are asserting you were roaming, and not on 3 like home)? Surely it should say this beside each call on your bill (e.g. Telstra network)?

To people who don't understand - If you're a 3 customer (contract or PAYG), you can avail of '3 like home' which basically means if you are using the 3 network in another country (UK, Italy, China/HK, Australia etc) then you are not charged any extra to make/receive calls or texts, you pay the same as if you were using your phone back in Ireland. Same goes for data. Obviously calling numbers outside Ireland is going to be more expensive but you're not paying any roaming charges _as long as you stay on the 3 network_.

I've used my 3 phone in the UK numerous times and left MSN and Skype signed in all the time, and i've never had any nasty surprises.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

eth0_ wrote: »
    Obviously calling numbers outside Ireland is going to be more expensive but you're not paying any roaming charges _as long as you stay on the 3 network_.

On that point, was the OP calling Australian numbers? I assume that these would not be included in the 3 Like Home deal and you would pay a hefty price for them.

You may have some comeback since they upped your credit limit without telling you, or without you asking, though if the charges are valid, then you will have to pay it.

Advertisement