Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How much to repair scratched in graffitti?

Options
  • 07-07-2008 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Hi

Some pleasant young chaps decided to scratch obscenities into my car last night - how much am I looking at to get this fixed?

One side is just a long key job - have two obscenities on the other side - letters not very big and scratches do not look too deep but car is not worth much so I'd rather not pay too much.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You could try T-cut scratch repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ZOLTAN28

is this a DIY kit - anyone had any experience using it?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Just google it.

T-Cut will remove the primer by virtue of its very fine abrasive qualities and provide a smooth finish as well.

Alternately you can use a scratch filler, get one same colour as car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

ive a bit of t-cut exp, its best used on a buffer...

depends of the dept... but cant really judge as you cant post pictures of swear words or whatever...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Depends on the dept, if its into the primer it would mean total respray of the panel.

• Advertisement

Tried t-cut - just made the words green although it does seem to have done a decent job on some other scrapes on the car.

I was strolling around halfords and they have DIY sprays etc. - wonder if I should go down this road - a re-spray is a no-no as it would cost more than the car is worth.

the words are not that big and do not seem too deep

Advertisement