Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Approximately how dangerous is it to reheat chicken?

• 07-07-2008 2:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭

Woke up with a monster hangover so I stuck the oven on to preheat (was planning on sticking in a healthy breakfast pizza >_<) then when I went to stick the pizza in I discovered a load of chicken wings, in my semi drunken state I wolfed them down but now I'm paranoid that I'll be firing out of both ends going back to work tomorrow...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,784 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

General rule - reheat chicken only once & you'll be OK as long as it was fully cooked the first time around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,058 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

It's not ideal as they weren't refrigerated but if they were fully reheated, they should be fine (depending on how long they were sitting in the oven before being reheated).

If they were 2 days or more sitting in the cool oven and then were just warmed, you could be in trouble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

There is no problem re-heating it once. As long as they weren't re-heated when you bought them?!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Also, they have to be reheated to a high temperature to kill any bacteria, so luke warm aint good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

delly wrote: »
    Also, they have to be reheated to a high temperature to kill any bacteria, so luke warm aint good enough.

Ooh :S Well I was preheating at 200degrees but only for 5 or so mins, they were in there since last night I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Just don't stray too far from the jacks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Hmm, I'd be quite wary of SHARTS tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭balon

Wonder how this worked out?

It's all about how long the chicken spends being warm - the longer it is at ambient temp the more any bacteria can grow and multiply.

My poo was fine for all concerned. Think my system is used to nothing but disease ridden greasy filth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Kold is still on the jacks I imagine.

Mike.

• Advertisement

Ofcourse... I might just not be able to tell when I'm having an unhealthy crap these days :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Medium brown floater in one piece good, anything else not as good.

Black in bits - not great really. :p

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Sunday we roasted a chicken, refrigerated the leftovers. Next day I made a stock out of the leftovers. Plenty of chicken still there. This is for a soup. Removed carcass from stock etc, and refrigerated again last night. Today I made the soup from the stock and it was lovely.

Tomorrow we'll finish off that soup. It's in the fridge now. I've been doing this for five years now in my own home, and before that my Mam was doing it since I was a wee un. I'm not dead yet.

Is this bad?

Dr. Loon wrote: »
    Sunday we roasted a chicken, refrigerated the leftovers. Next day I made a stock out of the leftovers. Plenty of chicken still there. This is for a soup. Removed carcass from stock etc, and refrigerated again last night. Today I made the soup from the stock and it was lovely.

Tomorrow we'll finish off that soup. It's in the fridge now. I've been doing this for five years now in my own home, and before that my Mam was doing it since I was a wee un. I'm not dead yet.

Is this bad?

That all sounds like good practice from someone who knows food. No problem there.
    Problems arise when cooked chicken is bought from shop, allowed to cool, stay at room temp for a day or so and then 'wamed up'. Dodgy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Kold wrote: »
    Ofcourse... I might just not be able to tell when I'm having an unhealthy crap these days :pac:

difficult to remove stains on the bowl of your jax = not good.
    frequent sharting of your pantaloons = also not good
    :eek:

umm I thought that this thread was about reheating chicken?

How about moving this to the ****e thread?

Advertisement