Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paypal Credit Card link error message

Options
  • 07-07-2008 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭

Hi, not sure this is the right section. Mods please feel free to move as needed.

I haven’t used my Paypal account for a while – today I purchased an item on ebay and tried to process the payment but PayPal asked me to link my account with a Credit Card (the previous CC was expired). I now have the same CC# but with different Exp. Date, so I tried to enter the new details and confirm but I get an error message that the Credit Card is already used on another account. This is the only account I have with PayPal and although the CC# is the same, the Exp date is different, so it should work. I tried to email support and I am still waiting for an answer. Did any of you experience the same problem?

Thank you in advance for your help. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Is the old credit card still in your account? Delete it completely and then add the new one instead of trying to update.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

random wrote: »
    Is the old credit card still in your account? Delete it completely and then add the new one instead of trying to update.

Hi there - I cannot find the option :(

I went into My Account ---> Credit/Debit Cards and then screen automatically ask me to add a card...no option to view/delete the previous one.....:confused:

This is the Error Message I get:

"That card number is already assigned to another PayPal account. For security purposes, each card may only be assigned to one PayPal account. If you have already opened a PayPal account, please retrieve the relevant information and log in. Otherwise, please use a different card."

Issue fixed :)

Do elaborate for those who use the search function with similiar problems in the future :)

Well...shame on me! I just remembered I did have another account with Credit Card linked to it after all :p

• Advertisement

that explains it also :)

Advertisement