Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour of Kildare

Options
  • 07-07-2008 2:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭

Another one if anyone is interested. This one is in my back yard for a change :)

www.tourofkildare.com

I'll probably be doing the 100km myself. It should be mostly flat. Mostly.

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

...a mainly flat but challenging route with a few surprises (just to prove that Kildare is not completely flat) including The Wall (Kildares own "Mur de Huy")...

There's a climb in Kildare:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Seems like it reaches a dizzying height of 120m or so around the 75km mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭ollietrex

Looks an interesting one, might be up for this... Any one else?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I'd be on for that- should be possible to cycle down from Dublin (only 30km to Naas.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭BUACHAILL

ollietrex wrote: »
    Looks an interesting one, might be up for this... Any one else?

looks like this one would be more suited for me and its a few weeks before the Sean Kelly so might be an ideal chance to find which race i would be best suited to in Waterford

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Ah, the hometown. I could give this a lash on the singlespeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

I don't wish to sound mean but doesn't €35 plus day license ( €10 ) seem a bit steep ?

The biketheblackwater which was as well run as you could hope for was €15 including t-shirt and all you could eat.

I get the impression a large amount of the entry fee goes to charity.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

According to the site:
    All proceeds go to The Marie Keating Foundation

Oops :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Sounds like it could be fun -a nice, short, flat one means I may not get dropped too much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

Hoping to sign up for this. If I can organise a new bike in time I will be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LDB

I'd be on for doing this one. nice break from wicklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭BUACHAILL

yeah I am signing up
    gotta start somewhere

If I'm free that weekend, then yes, I'd be on for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

I am very sad I won't be able to participate, as I will be in the south of France with my bike ... Oh well :D

count me in.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

The 'climb' must be Captain's Hill in Leixlip, cant think of too many hills in Kildare.

Edit. Compltley wrong, just looked at the route (I like routes me:D) and it is nowhere near Leixlip (which is not even on the route). Its the Hill of Allen thats the climb, a handy one, dont worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

That's a small, but fairly bleedin steep hill.

edit - nevermind.

(Silly?) question, but why the need for a licence for what is essentially a charity ride? Not a query on the cost, just curious.

• Advertisement

I think it's sanctioned by cycling ireland so the license will mean the event is covered by the CI insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

penexpers wrote: »
    I think it's sanctioned by cycling ireland so the license will mean the event is covered by the CI insurance.

And also means it counts as a race in the eyes of an insurance company making a crash very expensive :eek:

Cheers guys, just odd that far bigger events go without (maybe their revenue allows them to insure the event specifically). CI would love to be getting day licence money from the WW200 field!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Only got a bike yesterday but would like to chance one of these. Might chance the 50k if its relatively flat.

Hmmmmm..

It's pancake flat from the looks of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

AndyP wrote: »
    Cheers guys, just odd that far bigger events go without (maybe their revenue allows them to insure the event specifically). CI would love to be getting day licence money from the WW200 field!
    IIRC in previous years it was stated that the entry fee included day membership of the IVCA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

Is everyone doing the 100km or is anyone on for the 50km?

Signed up for the 100km over the weekend. Who else is deifinitely in?

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭paddyb

i signed up for the 100k last week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

i'll probably do it I think...

Advertisement