Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best place to sell a UK license plate?

Options
  • 07-07-2008 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

I have just bought a uk regged classic, and I am going to sell the license plate when I register it in Ireland.
    It is 'SAD 530G' which seems mildly saleable; maybe to someone with a 5 series beemer (?)
    Where is the best place to sell a UK plate?

Ed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ebay?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Don't you have to put the plate on retention before you re-register it, which requires a UK address?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

you have to sell the plate before the car is exported. I had a plate on a car a few years ago worth a grand and I couldn't do anything with it because I had the car here and it was classed as exported by the DVLA.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭edzillion

I doubt it has been classed as exported as it is still registered as a UK car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

do you mean it's registered under a uk address or it still has a uk plate on it, but you've brought it over here?

• Advertisement

Its got a UK plate on it, but I don't know for sure what address its registered under.
    My dad lives in the north so I could always use his address...

Ed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

edzillion wrote: »
    Its got a UK plate on it, but I don't know for sure what address its registered under.
    My dad lives in the north so I could always use his address...

Ed

Where did you get it from ?
    AFAIK
    If your an Irish Resident driving a UK reg car, it has to be Registered within 48 hours of entering the state.

If your a UK resident its a different matter, its basically 6 months.

Bought it off a guy in Dundalk, who has had it in the republic for a lot longer than 48 hours.
    It is a classic though, and the rules could be different...

Advertisement