If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Richer sounds coming back to Dublin?

Options
  • 07-07-2008 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭

G'wan. You know you want too, you've been sorely missed.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Evil Phil - you are indeed Evil!

At the moment there are absolutely no plans to open again in Dublin.

However never say never......

Thanks for the post...

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 41 silly1

As far as I know the Richer Sounds operation Belfast is a franchise so I assume that the shop in Dublin was also. If they franchise then I guess the option to establish a franchise here is open. There is a serious need for some mid level hi fi shopping in Dublin ever since the demise of Lafayette, Studio One (remember that) and Richer Sounds itself.

silly1 wrote: »
    As far as I know the Richer Sounds operation Belfast is a franchise so I assume that the shop in Dublin was also. If they franchise then I guess the option to establish a franchise here is open. There is a serious need for some mid level hi fi shopping in Dublin ever since the demise of Lafayette, Studio One (remember that) and Richer Sounds itself.

Also I forgot to say that while getting equipment from Belfast is all fine & dandy nothing beats going into a shop looking at the rack of amplifiers/speakers etc and listening to them. You cant get that on the Internet.

silly,

we are happy to set up a system in our Belfast store and play it down the phone to you....

(only joking and sorry to take the P**s - I just could'nt resist it!

;)

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

johnmc wrote: »
    silly,

we are happy to set up a system in our Belfast store and play it down the phone to you....

(only joking and sorry to take the P**s - I just could'nt resist it!

;)

Actually that would be great John, I have a reasonably good phone handset so there is not likely to be any degradation in qualify - is there? My main concern would be the phone charges.

• Advertisement

We have actually given this idea some thought now Silly and we feel that we can improve on our initial idea -

We feel that if you were to borrow a friends phone as well as your own phone and called us from each phone then put one to each ear the quality would be far superior (close to late 1950's stereo!) - if that was too expensive you could consider just using the single phone and skype at the same.

We will keep thinking about ways to improve this potentially vital new service to our remote Customers. (alternatively you could just avail of our 14 day exchange service!)

At least not everyong takes their hi-fi too seriously!

Keep the faith!

John Mc

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.