Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car ownership change

Options
  • 07-07-2008 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

I recently sold a car privately, how do I find out if it's still registered in my name?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭jubi lee

prob ring up department of motor vechicle in shannon and give the reg.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭lynchie

Stick your reg in here and while it wont tell you if its still in your name, it will tell you if there has been a change of ownership in the past 3 months. If there has then you could assume that your change of ownership has been processed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

jubi lee wrote: »
    prob ring up department of motor vechicle in shannon and give the reg.

+1

They can't tell you who a car's registered to, but if you're nice they'll often tell you if you're right or wrong - you say "the reg is 04D123, is it registered to Tom Dunne?", they say yes or no, you know where you stand.

I think the guys at 061 365 000 should be able to help you.

Advertisement