Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloody Eircom

Options
  • 07-07-2008 4:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭

Basically a couple of months ago the sales person came around to the house and ended up sellin a package to my mother for all calls and internet for 40 quid a month. eircome talktime or something it was called. my mother specifically asked was the internet included in this as we were with talk talk which was fairly cheap to start with so there would have been no reason to change. the girl said yes definetly the internet was included.
    anyway, the bill came today and it amounted to 460 euros.
    she has tried to ring eircom and only got passed around to different customers agents. its a disgrace.
    anyway just wondering what can one do in this situation? i suppose the bill will have to end up being paid anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'm assuming you're using dial-up internet yeah?

None of the talktime packages include internet and the salesperson would have known that. Eircom sales people are scum. They will say anything to anyone, if it'll get them to sign up, including barefaced lies.

Effectively what they did was sell goods through deception. There is no good reason why you should have to pay that bill, as the service which you had requested was not supplied to you. That they have a contract is irrelevant - just because it was signed, doesn't make it legal.

There are a few people around here who know more than most about getting in touch with the people that matter in eircom.

Get in touch with ComReg and outline the fact that eircom obtained your business through deception and are attempting to charge you for services that you didn't agree to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Basically a couple of months ago the sales person came around to the house and ended up sellin a package to my mother for all calls and internet for 40 quid a month. eircome talktime or something it was called. my mother specifically asked was the internet included in this as we were with talk talk which was fairly cheap to start with so there would have been no reason to change. the girl said yes definetly the internet was included.
    anyway, the bill came today and it amounted to 460 euros.
    she has tried to ring eircom and only got passed around to different customers agents. its a disgrace.
    anyway just wondering what can one do in this situation? i suppose the bill will have to end up being paid anyway.

What does the bill detail the costs as ?
    Is there line installation included ?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭irishfeller

Do you have a copy of whatever your mother signed?

Its a disgrace. Ring their customer service and tell them u are going to ring the Ray Darcy show about it! That will scare them as Ray Darcy higlighted their poor customer care last year which really embarrassed Eircom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Mr Tim Buktoo

thanks.
    yeah its dial up. thats disgraceful though. what scumbags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Mr Tim Buktoo

yeah there is everything included. line rental etc. the most expensive part of it was the internet, 260 quid i think. with talk talk we were averaging 30 quid a month!
    i think tho that the contract doesnt actually say the internet is included. this sales person just assured her! yes mother was naive!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

yeah there is everything included. line rental etc. the most expensive part of it was the internet, 260 quid i think. with talk talk we were averaging 30 quid a month!
    i think tho that the contract doesnt actually say the internet is included. this sales person just assured her! yes mother was naive!

At evenings and weekends thats around 342 hours online ... just over two weeks online 24/7.

I'd say shes boned if thats what she signed up to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Feckin' hell, she could have had their top billed DSL package and plenty of change for that money (assuming DSL BB is available in the area).

I had a guy call to mine last week, an eircom sales rep looking to tempt back ex-customers....he was left speechless by the fact that his company could not offer a cheaper DSL package than the one I was currently getting from BT...he hmmed and hahhed, then muttered something about better international call rates...I asked him were eircom considering lowering their DSL package rates in the near future (knowing they won't be) and told him to call back when they did...
    Morons.

Advertisement