Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Werewolves and Vampires Den (Entry To The Nocturnal Forum)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

I'd like to see a separate or sub-forum that's private, might be good fun for a while.

Putting a lot of work on Nerin though.

Putting alot of work on Nerin you say?

I love this idea! :D

Can we do it? Can we can we can we? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

takola wrote: »
    Putting alot of work on Nerin you say?

I love this idea! :D

Can we do it? Can we can we can we? :D
    ¬_¬
    i cant remember you being nice to me. whats going on :p

Nerin wrote: »
    ¬_¬
    i cant remember you being nice to me. whats going on :p

What is this "nice" you speak of? :confused::p

The more work on your shoulders the better is all I can say! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

as Doom said, we are open enough, and i like to think the nocturnals are a great gang, im not having much trouble modding them, any problems have been easily sorted with no hard feelings, apart from one user i feel wont be coming back.
    i think if we keep how we're going the other boardsies we'll see what a great bunch ye are.

ahem.
    sickening loved up speech over.

If you keep being nice we will learn to stop fearing you. Less benevolence more fire and brimstone please!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

im sorry, id love to post, but ive been banned.

lol

• Advertisement

Dragan wrote: »
    If you keep being nice we will learn to stop fearing you. Less benevolence more fire and brimstone please!!!:D
    ffs look at the sig!
    muppetry = death :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

ffs look at the sig!
    muppetry = death :)

You good be like some kind of Serial Killer Mod, waiting for someone to step out of line. With each PM you send them a different rune from your Sig.

Don't let Michael Bay direct the film though, you'll end up being your own mother or something....in slow motion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Nerin killed my mother.

Anyhoos, private forums = don't really see the point, the majority of them tend to die within a couple of months anyway, afaik.

Rozabeez wrote: »
    Nerin killed my mother.
    only cause i thought she didnt like me. when i heard she was neutral i reanimated her. (calm down doom, she aint a zombie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

So THAT'S why she keeps buying walnuts....they're shaped like brainz y'know.

/kills thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Perhaps a poll would be best for the job.

If we ask only those with nocturnal sigs to vote it might be a decent indicator of the mood present.

Maybe a mod could lock the nocturnal nick thread until the poll is finished to avoid last minute rush before the sekrit stuff begins!

Just a thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

If we ask only those with nocturnal sigs to vote it might be a decent indicator of the mood present.

Maybe a mod could lock the nocturnal nick thread until the poll is finished to avoid last minute rush before the sekrit stuff begins!

Just a thought.

What is a nocturnal sig? Do I have one?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

I'll be nice for now! Click the link in my sig (underlined blue thingy) to go to the thread.

I'll be nice for now! Click the link in my sig (underlined blue thingy) to go to the thread.

Aren't you normally nice?

Oh I see. Don't I have to be a subscriber to get one of those?

MizzLolly wrote: »
    Aren't you normally nice?

Oh I see. Don't I have to be a subscriber to get one of those?

:confused:

To have a sig?

To have a sig?

*confused*

Just a thought.

ok, he means the noctunal sigs - mine is the psychic?

Most of the nocturns have the official title in their sig. (you can get one from the sticky that says official titles?)

Why don't you have one lolly btw?

You can use your title to link back to the nocturnal forum. Does that make sense?

And you don't have to subscribe for a sig.

ok, he means the noctunal sigs - mine is the psychic?

Most of the nocturns have the official title in their sig. (you can get one from the sticky that says official titles?)

Why don't you have one lolly btw?

You can use your title to link back to the nocturnal forum. Does that make sense?

And you don't have to subscribe for a sig.

Oh okay thanks. :) I do have a title but I don't know how to get a sig??!! :confused:

What's your title?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

This thread is long and I'm impatient, so I only kinda half read it, but anyway:

1. When did we have a spammer? I must have missed that....

2. Inner Circle is only a good idea if I'm included. :D *strokes ego*

3. I don't particularly like the idea of a poster requiring a certain number of posts before they can enter. It seems a bit unnecessary.
    This isn't the Soccer Forum - Lord knows the amount of trolling/spam/general bull**** they get over there. The mods have to use an "iron-fist" approach because otherwise they couldn't cope with the place. Such an approach isn't needed here because we're all drunk stoned cool and laid back :)
    Unless there's an influx of spammers/trolls I think the forum is fine as it is.

Just my 1/50th of a Euro.

• Advertisement

The Confectionary Seducer of the Nocturnal Forum.

Ok, Go to your user cp (top left hand corner) - Edit Signature and add the below link. Take out the space between / and U at the end and you'll have your title in your sig, linking to the nocturnal forum.

MizzLolly - Official Confectionary Seducer of the Nocturnal Forum[/ URL]

(Sorry trout, I know you showed us some tag thing before but I can't remember it! :()

Ok, Go to your user cp (top left hand corner) - Edit Signature and add the below link. Take out the space between / and U at the end and you'll have your title in your sig, linking to the nocturnal forum.

MizzLolly - Official Confectionary Seducer of the Nocturnal Forum[/ URL]

(Sorry trout, I know you showed us some tag thing before but I can't remember it! :()

Cool, I'll try that so. Thanks Takola :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Ok, I missed whatever spammer situation etc. that led to this... However on reading the posts, I think exclusivity would be a bad idea. One of the points that was raised - was that there are not many around some night's, surely an 'inner circle' or some such would discourage who ever may be on-line at night. Also it is the nature of the forum that you will have quiet nights, I'd imagine many of the posters are shift-workers.

I reckon 'The Lair' works well as an 'inner circle' type format, which is easily accessible for new posters.

To sum up; Anything which makes people feel included is good - things that seem clique-ish = bad:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

No to cliques and inner crap.

tl;dr all 2 pages [ok, I read the first page yday]

I dont post huge amounts but I do lurk cos it's daytime :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I agree with Trout and Zaph.

I think if it were made private, then it would die from lack of traffic. Part of the essence of boards is the diversity of posters and views and new posters in a forum shouldn't be discouraged.

There are plenty of private forums on boards - sometimes, when I see a mod posting in a thread somewhere and their forum name looks interesting, I think "hmmm whats that about" and click the link. If it turns out to be private then do I PM them and ask what it is? no, I just say 'sod it' and find somewhere else to go.

Thought the link was supposed to be to the forum, not the sig thread.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

NOOO! please don't make it private.... I like it all public and such, it'd possibly get painfully boring as a private forum. also that whole post 4 times in 4 nights or whatever? I haven't been around here for a few days cos i've been super busy so basically if you can't get to a computer 4nights a week you're kicked out? way harsh dudes!

Public = gooooooooood!!! :D

Private = bad. :mad:

the main arguements for it to stay public out weigh the private enough really. its a nice idea in theory but it would get boring. we're here to stay, out in the open.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

the main arguements for it to stay public out weigh the private enough really. its a nice idea in theory but it would get boring. we're here to stay, out in the open.

A "Public" pub that's open to everyone and gets busy between 8pm - 8am, generally full of decent folk, and for the odd bit of carcrash entertainment will have the occasional asshat piping up - I'm there!

A "Private Members," club, even if I was to be a member, I might get tired talking to the same folk and seeing the same faces, and listening to some crazy loon shouting from the pub next door would probably entice me there.

just my 2c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

A-Trak wrote: »
    A "Public" pub that's open to everyone and gets busy between 8pm - 8am, generally full of decent folk, and for the odd bit of carcrash entertainment will have the occasional asshat piping up - I'm there!

A "Private Members," club, even if I was to be a member, I might get tired talking to the same folk and seeing the same faces, and listening to some crazy loon shouting from the pub next door would probably entice me there.

just my 2c

+1

Public FTW...

Advertisement