Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tweet.ie

Options
  • 07-07-2008 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭

We invite you to test out our microblogging service http://tweet.ie/.

We envisage integrating this with boards.ie profiles somehow, e.g. having an option to display your latest tweet instead of your signature.

Ideas welcome!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

OpenID account creation done right. I think thats the first time I have seen that.

Thing of beauty...

On the other hand, perhaps my interpretation of this would be different, but is it still relevant to show a Change Password tab to an OpenID created account? Unless they opt to remove the OpenID binding, there would be no password required.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I likes it.

cant wait till I can add it to websites etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I like the theme, looking good.

Is boards going to be mirroring the Twitter status updates on tweet.ie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Hi Cloud,

There's an option in your userCP for tweet.ie username but it doesn't show in your user profile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

kaimera wrote: »
    Hi Cloud,

There's an option in your userCP for tweet.ie username but it doesn't show in your user profile.
    I seem to be noticing a 'recent tweet' message after I use quick reply. But goes away on refresh. So Id say its being worked on!

upt1jksvcvi6s7le40ij.jpg

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I LIKE!

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Spankeh wrote: »
    I seem to be noticing a 'recent tweet' message after I use quick reply. But goes away on refresh. So Id say its being worked on!

upt1jksvcvi6s7le40ij.jpg
    Killed it, was causing problems. Looking into other options.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

CuLT wrote: »
    Killed it, was causing problems. Looking into other options.
    It was back this morning for a little while. But now it's gone away again. EDIT: Still there in fact (but empty).

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Any chance in a delete option?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

hmmmmmmmmm...... not bad but - to be perfectly honest here - would it not be immeasurably more useful to just integrate a users twitter account into boards.ie, rather than simply pretending that that worldwide phenomenon of a service doesn't exist and making me sign-up to another much-much smaller and therefore less useful clone service?

It's not like the APIs for Twitter are hard to work with, and I've got conversations going with over 100 people over there... most of them Irish, but certainly not exclusively. I can't see myself giving that up for an essentially Irish / boards.ie only service. And I don't really have the time or inclination to cross-post or maintain two microblogging accounts.

On the other hand, having some integration and allowing Boards.ie users to connect with me via Twitter might be a cool thing.

I'm not really a fan of this walled-garden approach to Boards.ie.

The software on which tweet.ie is built supports OpenMicroBlogging, which should allow two way communication with any other microblog/tweet service that decides to implement it. So should Twitter decide to implement this that would be perfectly possible. As it is, Twitter is struggling to stay up without adding a potential additional xK users in one blast to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Well, having been keeping one eye on tweet.ie over the past few days (and just signed up today) my initial reservations are waning slightly anyway.

"just another twitter clone" might not be needed, but I can see a different type of conversation going on at tweet.ie -- obviously one that's a lot more focused on the boards.ie community. And maybe that's not such a terrible thing :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

It certainly seems to be taking off (maybe due to boards outages) and gaining momentum.

I'd like to see m.tweet.ie and possibly even SMS integration. Would be nice to have it on the move. And even @commands showing up for the person instead of having to check the public timeline.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I registered on tweet a while back but may have been a bit tipsy at the time and now can't log in. My username exists but it says theres no email address registered to recover the password.

Who do I need to grovel to? :o

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement