Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your FM stories

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭TheAlmightyZeus

My favourite game was when I was CSKA Moscow in FM05 or 06, I'm not sure now.

I sold Ivica Olic to Deportivo la Coruna for around £9 mil almost immediately after taking charge. Other than that I kept most of the team that I had inherited. With players like Aldonin and Zhirkov at the club and a pretty solid defence already in place I was happy enough. But then while searching through a few lesser known clubs I found a little gem, Junior Khanye. South-African born and playing for the Kaiser Chiefs, a left sided winger with fantastic dribbling, speed and crossing and a long shot to die for, snapped him up for around 300k. I started off the season in nice fashion with impressive wins and with every second game being a derby in Russia, I was soon a fans favourite after beating Spartak in the Russian Super Cup and wins in the league over Spartak, Dynamo and FC Moscow. Top of the league and unbeaten in all competitions, I was mighty pleased with my work so far. Every game was exciting in one way or another, either we hammered teams by 4 or 5 goals or we went in at HT 1 or even 2 goals down and needing some changes. I always did the right thing and nicked a draw or sometimes a win.

The Russian league is very different to the rest of the leagues in Europe. Starting in February and running to the end of November, I brought in a few players to strengthen the necessary areas of the team, including a powerful defensive midfielder from Brazil, Adrianinho. The Champions League started up at its usual time and I was ready for an assault on the big guns of the game. I was way out in front at the top of the league and unbeaten with a very impressive GD. Thinking of it now, I'm not entirely sure who I was drawn in a group with the Champions League, but I can't forget playing out 1-1 draw with Barcelona at the Camp Nou to secure qualification to the Last 16 phase of the competition. With the Champions League out of the way until February, I could focus on finishing the season unbeaten and winning the Russian cup. A few nervy moments were had near the end of the season, including a penalty shoot-out victory to win the Russian Cup, but we finished the season in style with 5 straight victories guaranteeing us the title and an unbeaten league campaign.

With the new season starting up in February and the Champions League also resuming at the same time, I had my work cut out. The players were well rested and I didn’t have many injuries concerns. I drew Lyon in the Last 16 stage of the competition and started off the new Russian season by retaining the Russian Super Cup. A fantastic performance in the Champions League saw us eliminate Lyon and we were drawn to face PSV Eindhoven in the Quarter Finals. Our awesome league form continued and we were top of the pile and again unbeaten, what came next was truly amazing. The first leg of our tie with PSV was played in Russia and it ended 1-1, the second leg in Holland summed up everything about the team. W were down 4-3 on the night and trailing 5-4 on aggregate in injury time. Adrianinho who had been told to shoot on sight, found himself on the left wing supporting Khanye. He received the ball, slipped past his marker, and fired. The ball flew into the bottom corner of the net, an unbelievable end to probably the greatest game I had ever played in FM. We were into the semi-finals to face Bayern Munich while the other semi saw AC Milan taking on Liverpool. In comparison to the previous round, the game against Bayern was a disappointing affair but over the two legs we won 2-1. We had reached the final to face AC Milan who had comfortably beaten Liverpool 3-0. At this point I should mention I was getting job offers here and there and offers from Barcelona and Arsenal for Junior Khanye of around £20 mil+. I had sold Daniel Carvalho in January to a Spanish team as he had no chance of displacing Khanye on the left flank.

The league matched felt easier and there were not many games that we were pushed at all. I was able to rest most of the squad and still give teams a thrashing. The final of the Champions League came around and looking at the two line-ups before the match, it showed the difference in class. AC had the star names but we were a solid unit, a team of unknowns. I had never looked in England, Spain or Italy for a superstar to add to the ranks but had found the right player to fill the right position and they all worked in harmony. The final showed that. We went 1-0 just before HT after withstanding some heavy pressure from the Italians. The second half was more about playing on the break and with 5 minutes remaining, Dida went up for a Milan corner and with a quick clearance and counter attack, Vagner Love rolled the ball into an empty net. We were the Champions of Europe. It was an amazing journey to the summit of European football in such a short space of time.

I over the years I have never had a game of FM like it. I left CSKA Moscow a hero a few months later to take over at Liverpool and it wasn’t long after that the game corrupted but I didn’t really care.

Hope you enjoyed reading that!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Using FM2007 now, chose Atletico Madrid to start off with.

First season buy Kevin Hofland to shore up the defence a small bit, don't get much money as it is, but did well, exceeded expectations and managed to get a Champs League spot.

Second season, cant remember who I buy, not too important, but only get Euro Cup place, knocked out of CL early, but still got Europe at least. Next season was another CL qualifying place at the end of a steady season, where I actually managed to finish above Real Madrid, so that was a major bonus. Next season was doing very well, managed to get Tomas Rosicky in, but drifted off at the end and finished 5th.

Bt then the fun emerged. Managed to get Jon Obi Mikel in on a free transfer from Sevilla, and this transformed the team. One stage went 20 games unbeaten in all competitions, but stuttered slightly. Next it was tight between top 5, and I went 11 wins on the trot, so was like 5 ahead with 4 to play. Had to hold nerve, beat Valencia though to pretty much wrap up the League title, a feat I never actually thought possible. Had won the Super Cup at the beginning of the season too, and capped off the season to win the Spanish Cup, so won everything domestically in one season after winning nothing for 3/4 years previously.

More fun arises though when, within an hour after winning the Spanish cup, my hard-drive goes bye-bye, so I've no FM2007 now:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

east surling
    2006-07
    won evary thing that thare was
    07-08
    uefa cup and evary thing agan new pitch 20,000 capp
    08-09
    camp leage and evary thing
    09-10
    evary thing agan

team
    gk buffon